Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for teacher

queensima

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 12:27 pm
Looking for gift idea for teacher, who has gone out of her way to help my son this year. I don't want to spend a lot, because I am also chipping in for class gift, but I do want to give her something additional, along with a nice note. Any ideas?

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 1:11 pm
queensima wrote:
Looking for gift idea for teacher, who has gone out of her way to help my son this year. I don't want to spend a lot, because I am also chipping in for class gift, but I do want to give her something additional, along with a nice note. Any ideas?

Thermostat mug
Perfume
Designer sunglasses
Handbag
Gift certificate in accessories store
Chocolate arrangement
If she has kids something for the kids
It’s mainly the notes that counts take it from a teacher

queensima

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 2:23 pm
Thanks for the ideas!

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 3:06 pm
queensima wrote:

I'd give a gift card to a local coffee place or, if she does her nails, to a local nail salon.

Or, if she teaches young children and uses rewards like stickers or erasers, a gift certificate to Oriental Trading or a teachers' store.

queensima

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 3:58 pm
I like the Oriental Trading idea. Thanks!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 7:46 pm
best gift I got that I appreciated was a clear box with a drawer and inside were brand new sharpie markers a new stapler, tape etc.. never underestimate how happy this makes underpaid teachers espc in schools where supplies are scarce.

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 8:38 pm
Do you have a talent and time?
If you are an amazing baker and she will eat from your home, a cheesecake or chocolate babka or challah for YT?
If you knit, a scarf to match her coat for when she goes outside for recess. Someone I know embroiders and made personalized netilat yadayim towels. Have you ever had a random conversation with her about having the same favorite coffee spot/chocolate/flowers.... .Being you are chipping in with the class, but want to do extra, I would try to go a little personal, so it feel from the heart.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics