Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ideas where to go
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:10 pm
I would like to go away with DH on vacation this summer without the kids for a week in honor of our tenth anniversary.
Lat year we went to San Diego alone. I want to go to a cool place. Somewhere different. In the past we have gone to Florida but we are bored of it (been there about 15 times), Arizona, LA, last Vegas, and. Lots of drivable states. As well as Israel. I want to go somewhere with kosher food available, romantic, nice hotels. Willing to fly. Can be out of country, carribean island, Europe, etc.

Where have you gone with DH that you have absolutely loved? And if u can share what u did there.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:13 pm
Hawaii
Cancun

Boobasheli

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:16 pm
Have you considered Rome?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:26 pm
London! Kosher food is readily available, there is a lot to see and do, and we found it very romantic. Whetever you go, enjoy!!

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:30 pm
Switzerland is stunning. Afew kosher hotels in the summer.

pesek zman

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:43 pm
Haven’t been but I’m
Hoping to go to Paris for my 10th iyh

essie14

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:46 pm
Definitely Venice and Rome.
Fly to Venice on Thursday or Friday. Stay for Shabbat. Take the train to Rome on Sunday or Monday. Fly home in time for Shabbat.
Amazing kosher restaurants. Beautiful and romantic cities.

DrMom

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 1:09 am
What's your starting point?

When you say a "cool place," are you referring to the weather or the other aspects of the atmosphere there? If the former, avoid Venice and Rome! If the latter, they are great choices (maybe combine them).

Ellie7

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:59 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Hawaii
Cancun

Hawaii is amazing, but food is pretty difficult there.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 7:28 am
DrMom wrote:
What's your starting point?

When you say a "cool place," are you referring to the weather or the other aspects of the atmosphere there? If the former, avoid Venice and Rome! If the latter, they are great choices (maybe combine them).

Something different. Somewhere I may not be able to go to again. I live in NY, and I have someone to watch my kids for a week. (And take them on vacation to at the same time!) Will probably be in August.

DrMom

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 7:48 am
Not sure where you "can't go again..."

How about Prague or Vienna or Budapest? (Or a combination of 2 of them? You can easily take a train between these destinations.)

Or London?
Paris?

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:09 am
Would you consider a cruise to Bermuda? They leave from NY or NJ. You can pre -order kosher meals (not ideal - airline type meals) and there is a decent amount if kosher items available on board.

aliavi

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:56 am
Ellie7 wrote:

We went recently for the first time. We were slightly disappointed with Hawaii with the food options and the transportation.

aliavi

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:03 am
I posted about Hawaii. As an activity we took a helicopter tour and it was amazing.

We’ve done cruises. They are enjoyable and affordable but I think more of for a family vacation than romantic for couples. The food options aren’t wonderful.

I’ve been looking at Switzerland and London. Iceland has become very popular.

Is RVing something that’s appealing?

tichellady

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:38 am
Since you want kosher food: Italy ( choose two cities for one week), France ( Paris and maybe one more city), South Africa, Buenos Aires ( can add iguazu or salta), Panama ( but it’s the rainy season). Last two may not work if you care about Zika.

I have heard Russia is beautiful in the summer and there is kosher food but I don’t think I would be comfortable traveling there. It will be winter in South Africa and Argentina. There are some kosher options in Hawaii but they are expensive

rachel6543

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:42 am
There’s a kosher farm in Hawaii now. http://www.kosheronmaui.com/

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:16 am
aliavi wrote:
I posted about Hawaii. As an activity we took a helicopter tour and it was amazing.

We’ve done cruises. They are enjoyable and affordable but I think more of for a family vacation than romantic for couples. The food options aren’t wonderful.

I’ve been looking at Switzerland and London. Iceland has become very popular.

Is RVing something that’s appealing?

We did a helicopter tour in California. We loved it and would do it again. I don't think I want a cruise. I am going to look into the options ppl have posted about. Thanks!

doctorima

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:46 am
Iceland was the first place that came to my mind, but food there is incredibly challenging, though check with Chabad of Reykjavik to see if they've begun offering catering/take-out. Otherwise, Venice and Rome would be a no-brainer for me.

The Caribbean is great (if you're not worried about Zika), but food won't be easy. You can check here for the list of all Chabads in the Caribbean and see which ones offer catering: https://www.chabad.org/centers.....n.htm .

Another option would be the Canadian Rockies, with flying into Calgary and stocking up there, or maybe even splurging and joining KMR if they'll be there this summer and the dates work for you.

EPL

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 11:40 am
I hear Banff is gorgeous. Don't know about kosher food, though.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 12:28 pm
Ellie7 wrote:

If you've got no budget, you can order (expensive) food from Chabad to be delivered anywhere.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics