Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Narrow Double Stroller
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 9:28 pm
I'm having my second soon and my big boy will be 18 months so he's a bit young for a buggy board. I need a stroller that's very thin so it can go up the steps through the alley to get to tje door of my apartment but a tandem is too bulky and heavy to get up there. I see that the Mountain Buggy Duet 2016 is on Amazon for $500 which seems like a bargain I should grab but I'm scared it's too wide. I have a bugaboo bee which is 21 in wide and there's a little space to spare to make it up comfortably, is the 25 inch wide MB the thinnest quality option out there or is there something else I should look at?

sky

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 9:30 pm
Phil & ted sport
If you like that style.
If you shop around you can find a deal. I paid $400 with the double kit.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 9:33 pm
I don't think I can bump a stroller like that up the steps, the bottom seat is too close to my feet. That's why I'm looking at side by side

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 9:33 pm
Why don't you measure the actual space available so you'll know your options?

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 9:34 pm
My sil has the baby monster. She got it because it’s narrow.

mammale

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 9:44 pm
Check out Phil& teds. They have strollers where the toddler seat is under the baby, so it is narrower.
You could also look into a buggy board with a seat.
There does exist a seat that can be added to a stroller, but I don't know details... I think it's called a rumble seat.
Good luck!

-Sunnygirl

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 9:46 pm
check out the new valco baby. nice and sleek, side by side.

chicco

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 9:53 pm
Most doorways are 30" wide. Are you sure that you need something significantly narrower than a standard doorway?

monkeys

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 10:32 pm
The mountain buggy duet is as narrow as a single. I LOVE it. Fits through everything.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 10:35 pm
The mountain buggy duet is the most narrow double stroller you'll find. It pushes great, bumps up stairs easy, and fits everywhere.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 10:37 pm
chicco wrote:
Most doorways are 30" wide. Are you sure that you need something significantly narrower than a standard doorway?

My front door actually is not 30", and therefore the only side-by-side double that fits is the mountain buggy duet which is 25.5" (and it's a just).

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 10:39 pm
Baby Monsters & Mountain Buggy Duet are 25".

sky

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 11:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't think I can bump a stroller like that up the steps, the bottom seat is too close to my feet. That's why I'm looking at side by side

Because of the big tires it’s not bad. I bump it up 3 wooden deck steps. I prefer when the older child gets out but can do with both in.

amother
Black

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 1:15 am
Mountain buggy and baby monster are the same in width, though mountain buggy pushes way smoother and better with steps. Though I'm not happy with mountain buggys costumer service and constantly having flat tires this was my only option when needing narrow and a flight of steps. ( look into the new mountain buggy without the air tires) Good luck!

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:41 am
For weight, most times you could take your toddler out so he could go up th stairs himself.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:28 am
Has anyone ever tried the mountain buggy duo nano? It weighs only 17 lbs and folds up tiny. Wondering about it.

flower2

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:47 am
Valco snap duo trend is great and can handle your steps regularly- It is 29inch wide though
Definitely measure your space otherwise you won't know what you have to work with
Mountain buggy is narrowest side by side
Most side by sides are aprox 29 inches
You could consider uppababy vista and have your toddler walk up the steps so the stroller isn't too heavy to bump up

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:50 am
Thank you all, yes I'll go out and measure it to make sure but a friend who has the baby monster came to visit and got in perfectly and said any wider she wouldn't have fit but the baby monster doesn't look as sturdy as the mountain buggy. How do the two compare? If they're the same width then the mountain buggy will fit also which is great but I doubt the valco or city mini will.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:54 am
Another vote for the Phil and teds stroller. Ours has lasted over 10 years and converts to a single stroller, too.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:44 am
Does Phil and Ted fold easily with the second seat on?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics