Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Appropriate sleepwear for yeshivish teen girl
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Orange

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 12:26 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Groisamama, how about this?

Ashford & Brooks Women's Flannel Plaid Long Sleeve Nightgown, Black Ivory, Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D.....ZRVA4

She wants floor length and not an old lady nightgown. How could she wear flannel in the summer?

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 8:48 am
I had non Jewish friends and would remember sleeping in s-xy stuff. Just no.

saraby

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 10:45 am
Groissamomma -Lands end is having 40% off right now. They have very tznius nightgowns.

To OP - Maybe buy your daughter a few different types of pajamas - some short sleeve tees, a pair of leggings, a pair of loose pants, and a pair of tank top and shorts. She can then decide for herself what she feels like wearing.

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 10:59 am
groisamomma wrote:
Ladies, thank you for posting links! The Amazon dress has a seam under the bust and she won't feel comfortable with it 😞. The button-down front one has a huge neckline and would need alterations, bringing that price up to the same $50 🙂.
There's only one that qualifies but it doesn't come in her size. 😞 We've long outgrown the teen nightgowns from the lingerie shop, although they were cute while she wore them.

Thank you for the idea of calling the store in Crown Heights. I'll try them I"H. I appreciate the help!!

I bought the one with the buttons for my very frum tznius mama. Smile

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 4:33 pm
Even though I believe in picking your battles carefully, I don't think this issue is so simple. We were more careful with our older girls and discouraged pants/leggings as sleepwear. With the younger ones, however, we were much more lenient with this. Eventually the pants/leggings did not remain in the bedroom or under slinky skirts. They kept on pushing limits and it even affected their dress code outside of the house. This was just my experience, but it's something to consider.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 4:47 pm
saraby wrote:
Groissamomma -Lands end is having 40% off right now. They have very tznius nightgowns.

I don’t see even one tznius nightgown.
Which one did you have in mind?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics