Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Single with 2nd seat vs. Double Stroller
Previous  1  2

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 6:51 pm
Sebastian wrote:
I wouldn't turn the vista into a double. Most big kids hate the rumble seat

This is what I'm concerned about... Although he is quite small for his age... On the other hand he might hate it just because it means he's strapped in and not free anymore

I'm also nervous how the push would be like is it super hard to push as a double? Like we like to walk for exercise on paths in parks, trails.... Which I'm thinking we would use it alot for

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:27 am
I was the one who originally made this post - so to follow up:

I ended up getting the Uppababy Vista with a 2nd seat. Now my daughter (who I was expecting at the time of my first post) is 21 months and my son is 3.5.

Definitely pros and cons to the stroller, although I do not regret purchasing it over a side-by-side double stroller.

PROS: There were certain things I was specifically looking for in a double stroller which the Uppababy had:
- More narrow than a side-by-side double (can't tell you HOW HELPFUL this is for stores, the mall, doorways, etc!)
- Has a HUGE basket (which many of the side by side doubles DON"T have, which makes no sense!!)
- Has ability to switch both seats front facing or facing me (this was a must for me, as I didn't have this on my single stroller and really really regretted it).
- Nice quality, nice style, etc.

CONS:
1. Like all double strollers, this stroller is heavy pushing two (bigger) kids in it. (Note: even my friends with side-by-side doubles told me it's still heavy when they're pushing two kids in it)

2. You do have to do a little bit of disassembly to put it in the car, but I think this part is more annoying for me because I still drive a sedan.

3. Price - obviously this is a big factor. This stroller is expensive, definitely more than side-by-side strollers and also more than the Citi version. So if you don't want to spend $800-900 for the stroller, +~$150 for the rumble seat + more if you need a carseat to snap on, then I would look at other alternatives.

4. Lastly, although Uppababy advertises 20+ different combination of positions that you can do with the seats/car seats/bassinet, they're not all so realistic. For example, I can't ever have the rumble seat facing me and the larger seat (on top) facing frontwards, it just doesn't work. Additionally, when both seats are forward facing, the kid in the higher main seat does get a little squished (mainly their feet). However, there are other positions that work great, so just throwing it out there that the 20+ ways to position the seats is just a way to try to sell it to parents.

All in all, my kids love the stroller. My son usually sits on the bottom rumble seat and, because he is older and not so fidgety, I don't need to strap him in, just buckle the bar across the seat.

However, he's a big kid and is getting heavy so he knows that his days being allowed to sit in the stroller on walks are limited.. lol.a

Very happy with my purchase so hope this review helps!!

**At the time I purchased it, I was not aware I ALSO had to purchase upper and lower adapters in order to put the regular seat and rumble seat and/or bassinet on the stroller at the same time. So heads up, if you get it, make sure to buy the adapters in advance!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics