Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
DD had better view in KJ than I had in Meron

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 1:15 pm
FYI: MERON VS KJ LAG BAOMER
Cannot fully compare.
But... I didn't have a good view at all in Meron and my daughter had in KJ and plenty out of towners are going to KJ to see it.

I lived then in Israel. I took the bus to Meron, inched forward slowly and reached the tziun-kever but I did not see any bun fires at all.

Because I lived then in Israel I was not part of any group that guaranteed to see a bon fire.... maybe when you go on a tour from America its official?

My daughter had it better in KJ , she was able to see everything.

And...it cost less.... If you "stay behind in 2020 in case moshiach is not here, then try the Kiryas Joel Hadlaka in Monroe.
Of course the davening is the most choshuve part than in Meron. And that year I promissed 18 rotel (100 dollars? ) of drinks if I get my yeshuah and I got engaged like 3 month later. remarried 5 months after lag Baomer

pesek zman

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 1:18 pm
Respectfully: I’m not a Meron person. It’s not done in my community. But how can you compare KJ to Meron? One is the actual gravesite. The other isn’t. Of course there would be more people in Meron!

groovy1224

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 1:22 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Respectfully: I’m not a Meron person. It’s not done in my community. But how can you compare KJ to Meron? One is the actual gravesite. The other isn’t. Of course there would be more people in Meron!

Thinking the same thing. L'havdil, but it's like saying you have a better view of the superbowl from your den couch than you do if you pay for $500 seats!!! Well yeah, but if you care enough to go there you're not going for the 'view' you're going for the experience.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:09 pm
I agree to all. It's not even close to comparison. Just, the ISRAELIS that live here in Williamsburg are the ones recommending. They go every single year. They have been to Meron when younger and lived in Israel. Now they take spouse and kids to KJ if and when they dont go to Israel. And my DD was also invited by a daughter of an Israeli to join and go to KJ. I agree to you all. Just a choice for the ones staying behind.

While U there go daven at the Kever of Rav Yoel Teitelbaum Zatzal that is 10 minute drive from the bonfire.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:12 pm
Oh my goodness

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:18 pm
pesek zman wrote:

Yup, it’s not about a bonfire Rolling Eyes

amother
Tan

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:19 pm
It's not even a comparison! You don't go to Meron to see the fire. You go to be in the holy atmosphere and to daven. Even the singing and dancing can't be compared. A good view in Meron is a bonus. It's an entire different experience.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:21 pm
My DH sat with my boys last night for a few hours and watched a live hookup to Meron with the singing and dancing. My DS 8 had to go to the bathroom in the middle and asked my DH how long he has before they light the fire. He didn't want to miss it. Lol. I'm sure nothing compares to the real deal but I can say that my DS had lots of classmates going to KJ last night. It's the biggest Lag Baomer event in the US , I believe.

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:27 pm
There are lightings throughout the night in Meiron and secondary medurot. You go to the kever ofRashbi to daven there and some men dance on the roof like the Ari did.
The fire is actually quite small. But since it I’d made from oil soaked cotton, it burns 2-3 hours when it’s time for the next Admor to light.

DH went, I saw many fires from home.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:37 pm
Oh well. I was there and missed the fire. Boruch Hashem came home with my Yeshua.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:38 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
but I can say that my DS had lots of classmates going to KJ last night. It's the biggest Lag Baomer event in the US , I believe.

How did they get there? I hear Lakewood had buses.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:39 pm
My son made a hadlaka with music dancing and singing on my porch. It was really inspiring and the achdus between my boys was special. I actually had a better view than all of you.
That's if we're comparing.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How did they get there? I hear Lakewood had buses.

I have no idea , my son didn't go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics