Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please help me get my 3 month old on a schedule

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 7:54 pm
I work from home and need to get my baby on a real schedule so I can get work done. She generally sleeps from 10pm to 7 am waking up once or twice a night. During the day she can barely go 3 hours between feeds. It’s getting crazy....

amother
Coral

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 7:59 pm
Sounds great for a three month old. What are you expecting to change? They really make a lot of changes on their own to their schedule, depending on what stage they're in. It's very normal for infants to eat every 2-3 hours. Their stomachs are tiny and can't hold much milk, so of course they get hungry quickly.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:05 pm
She’s kah 14 pounds And the dr said she should be going 3 to 4 hours at this point

pesek zman

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:06 pm
She needs to go to bed earlier. Aim for 7pm.

What time is she napping and for how long?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:12 pm
pesek zman wrote:
She needs to go to bed earlier. Aim for 7pm.

What time is she napping and for how long?

Like I said earlier she really doesn’t have a schedule. Sometimes she sleeps after a feeding.

anony

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:13 pm
Try to hold off feedings a little more each time (2 hrs 10 minutes might be what you Start with, then maybe you can start stretching to 2.5 hours, etc. Do you use a paci? That might help hold her off. Other ideas are holding her, putting ina bouncy seat, singing to her, etc. distract as much as possible to try to stretch thentimes between feeds.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She’s kah 14 pounds And the dr said she should be going 3 to 4 hours at this point

No offense, but the doctor said something stupid. Infants should be fed when they're hungry. Her feeding schedule is very, very normal.

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:16 pm
I don’t get what’s wrong with this schedule. She sleeps through the night and eats every three hours during the day? What’s crazy about that, besides for crazy in a good way? Not all 3 month olds are that cooperative.
Is this your first?

tichellady

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:18 pm
That actually sounds great for a 3 month old. I think your expectations may be unrealistic. Hope you can get some help so you can manage

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:18 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
I don’t get what’s wrong with this schedule. She sleeps through the night and eats every three hours during the day? What’s crazy about that, besides for crazy in a good way? Not all 3 month olds are that cooperative.
Is this your first?

I agree. My daughter was eating every 2 hours during the day and she was bottle fed and weighed over 15 lbs by that age. Your baby is doing great. If it's interfering with your work you may need to get a baby sitter.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:19 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
No offense, but the doctor said something stupid. Infants should be fed when they're hungry. Her feeding schedule is very, very normal.

This!

tichellady

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:51 pm
I’m not one for scheduling babies but if you are maybe get the baby whisperer book. People do like her a lot (although totally didn’t work for my personality).

ectomorph

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:55 pm
Your expectations are unrealistic. My baby is my best sleeper so far, and at over 10 months wakes up once at night to nurse...

If anything your baby is doing better than most.

Some people find that babies sleep better with formula. That may work for you if it means your husband will give the baby formula so you can sleep.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:57 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I agree. My daughter was eating every 2 hours during the day and she was bottle fed and weighed over 15 lbs by that age. Your baby is doing great. If it's interfering with your work you may need to get a baby sitter.

THIS. I don't believe in scheduling babies, and especially ones who are only 3 months old. That's so tiny! Babies need to sleep when they are sleepy, and eat when they are hungry.

How long do you plan on nursing? If you start delaying feedings, you're basically weaning your child, and there's a chance your milk won't come in enough for a good feed anymore. Then you'll be dealing with bottles all the time.

You need to adjust your work schedule around your baby, not the other way around. Work can wait, but your baby needs you NOW.

Optione

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:57 pm
If you're concerned that she's getting too hungry too soon, is she eatimg enough at each feed? Is your milk rich and full?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics