Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Longest lasting makeup recommendations
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 4:36 pm
I’m wondering from your experience what is the longest lasting makeup product (brand and type) that you would put on before Yom Tov because it lasts the longest. What do you use and recommend for foundation, eye liner, mascara, and eye shadow that will last the longest on YT? (I use urban decay face primer, setting spray, and eye shadow primer (or whatever it’s called!) but I think the actual makeup you use makes a difference too.

Thanks!

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:01 pm
On every womens skin a different brand lasts long. It really depends on the skin type, skin care routine, and how you apply.

asmileaday

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 6:31 pm
Estee lauder double wear foundation lasts the longest. Loreal pro matte is a pretty close second.
But honestly, anything will look unfresh by the 3rd day.
I used to apply and layer my makeup really well and still have color by the 3rd day.
But I think this year I will skip the foundation and use a tanning lotion instead.

asmileaday

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 6:32 pm
For your eyes, apply urban decay eyeshadow primer, tarte shape tape concealer, set with translucent powder and then apply eyeshadow. False lashes are fantastic too.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 6:46 pm
Which tanning products are good and don’t look stained blotchy

asmileaday

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 6:48 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Which tanning products are good and don’t look stained blotchy

Loving tan mousse 2 hour express.
Watch you tube videos how to apply properly.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 6:59 pm
Origins pinch your cheeks blushing gel lasts beautifully and doesn't feel like makeup bc it is a stain. It's got a lot of pigment (that's why it lasts so well) so start with a tiny bit and add more as necessary.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:11 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Estee lauder double wear foundation lasts the longest. Loreal pro matte is a pretty close second.
But honestly, anything will look unfresh by the 3rd day.
I used to apply and layer my makeup really well and still have color by the 3rd day.
But I think this year I will skip the foundation and use a tanning lotion instead.

I looked up Estée Lauder double wear foundation and found a lot of different formats. Anyone in particular you’re talking about?

asmileaday

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I looked up Estée Lauder double wear foundation and found a lot of different formats. Anyone in particular you’re talking about?

https://m.esteelauder.com/prod.....rtone

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:13 pm
asmileaday wrote:
For your eyes, apply urban decay eyeshadow primer, tarte shape tape concealer, set with translucent powder and then apply eyeshadow. False lashes are fantastic too.

Thanks! I have the UD eyeshadow primer which is awesome. I’m curious what the point of putting on concealer is? It just keeps on the eyeshadow longer?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:14 pm
asmileaday wrote:
https://m.esteelauder.com/product/643/22830/Product-Catalog/Makeup/Face/Foundations/Double-Wear/Stay-in-Place-Makeup?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuIC24PCy4gIVi0wNCh1gUgYhEAAYAiAAEgJfnfD_BwE#/shade/0N1-Alabaster---Neutral-Undertone

Thanks! Do you also put powder on top? If so any specific one?

asmileaday

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! I have the UD eyeshadow primer which is awesome. I’m curious what the point of putting on concealer is? It just keeps on the eyeshadow longer?

It blanks out any discoloration, veins etc... and also I feel that it helps the shadow last longer. Plus if you're using more than 1 color I find that using concealer set with powder gives you a smoother base for better blending as opposed to using just the shadow primer.

asmileaday

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 8:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! Do you also put powder on top? If so any specific one?

You need a good hydrating moisturizer underneath since it's a more drying foundation. If your skin is very dry I recommend mixing the estee lauder foundation with a little bit of a glowy foundation like l'oreal pro glow.
For yom tov I lightly set all over with rcma setting powder focusing on the t zone, under eye and chin mainly.
Try it out on your skin before yomtov. Some people don't need to set it because it's a mattifying waterproof foundation.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:35 pm
If the shabbosbrushups.com products that Poskim say can be applied freshly on Yom Tov are decent quality, and look ok, why would anyone want to invest in products that theyre lucky if they last one day?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 5:26 am
asmileaday wrote:
It blanks out any discoloration, veins etc... and also I feel that it helps the shadow last longer. Plus if you're using more than 1 color I find that using concealer set with powder gives you a smoother base for better blending as opposed to using just the shadow primer.

Ok thanks!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 5:32 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
If the shabbosbrushups.com products that Poskim say can be applied freshly on Yom Tov are decent quality, and look ok, why would anyone want to invest in products that theyre lucky if they last one day?

Not everyone one holds of shabbos makeup. Also, the instructions from the Rabbanim who do say it’s ok is that you can’t apply that makeup on top of any other makeup because you can’t mix any colors. So you’d have to put that makeup which doesn’t last on before YT and keep applying plus you have to have your brush prepared before YT with the powder on it because you can’t break it up on shabbos/YT which means for a 3 day YT you’d have to have multiple brushes pre powdered just for to keep applying it on. Multiply that by how many products you want to apply, foundation, eye shadow, lips, etc. it doesn’t seem practical to me. Plus the whole idea is that the makeup doesn’t last long which is why poskim allow it. I don’t want to go into YT with makeup that doesn’t really last.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 7:30 am
Anyone have recommendations for long lasting eye liner? I know people like to do liquid, but if I did that I would need one with a very fine/small tip as I don’t like very thick thick eye liner. Any recommendations?

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 8:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone have recommendations for long lasting eye liner? I know people like to do liquid, but if I did that I would need one with a very fine/small tip as I don’t like very thick thick eye liner. Any recommendations?

Bobbi brown gel eyeliner lasts beautifully. I find the way to make it last longest is to apply a couple of coats, on top of eye primer. I know some more inexpensive options by Elf, fir example, also exist.

nicole81

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I put on some Marc Jacobs gel eyeliner haphazardly 2 days ago and haven't been meticulous about removing my eye makeup, so it's still there, along with my lancome Hypnose drama mascara.

Personally, I'd just do my eyes and then apply my face fresh with loose mineral makeup. I use bareminerals powder foundation regularly and I love the look. It seems that the shabbat makeup has the same, or similar ingredients, so it should be good. Blush, foundation, and concealer should be all you need if you go that route, and you can get cheap brushes on Amazon.

Regarding getting the eye makeup to stay, aside from primer, put on multiple coats and then top your pencil eyeliner with liquid eyeliner, and then quality eyeshadow to line your eyes, too. Lancome also makes a mascara primer called cils xl that I've used before on yom tov with good results. It's doesn't necessarily make the mascara last longer, but it enhances your lashes length and thickness before you apply mascara, so when the mascara does start flaking off, your lashes are still pretty pronounced. For someone like me, with super light non visible lashes, this is a game changer over multiple days of wear.

I've owned all sorts of eyeshadow, from Revlon to Natasha denona, and for yom tov, I found the best results with the lorac pro palette. Milani liquid eyeliner is also super cheap and stays very well.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:25 am
I really only care about blush, mascara and liner, but I recently got an ulta matte liquid eyeshadow that seems almost impossible to get off. For those of you who want shadow, it would probably still be on on motzai yt.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics