Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Comparing day camp prices

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 12:34 am
I know I am late in the 'game', but hopefully I am not too late.
I live in westgate in Lakewood. I have not yet signed up my son for August day camp. He is 6 years old and has not yet been exposed to the extravagant camps Lakewood has to offer. However he does have a tremendous amount of energy and would love a fast paced full day of camp.
I was thinking of sending him to a backyard type camp that is local because of the convenience.
Someone has brought to my attention that the backyard camps charge just as much as the more professional camps.

I am going to have to call camps individually and find out prices and availability, but if any of you amothers can help me narrow down my choices...

I heard of Chaveirim, ashreichem, areivim.

Is there always bussing to these professional camps? What time do they start end everyday? (I have other kids in westgate camps that pickup time must work out with...)

Thank you for any info I can get!

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 2:49 pm
Nobody??!😕

amother
Purple

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 3:04 pm
My experience with backyard daycamps is that they're often unorganized and they end up klutzing a lot.
For me transportation and lunch is a priority in a daycamp.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 4:27 pm
I dont have boys. But the girls backyard day camps are cheaper. I send them to big camp because of the hours and transportation.
I did backyard camps b4. They spend alot of time outdoors. My kids day camp is in a big building and they do everything indoors. They are only outdoors for swim.

You need to decide what's more important to you. Safety is #1 for me. And I have not had good experience in backyard camps.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 4:46 pm
I send to chaveirim and been really happy. They offer transportation for an extra cost (they’re not too far from westgate if you can do the drive and need to save the money). I think the hours are 9:45 to 3:45 or something close to that. You can pay extra for early arrival.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children