Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Designing Laundry Room - good ideas

Sunshineforever

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 4:34 pm
Please help with washing room ideas...

MiracleMama

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 4:50 pm
Depends on your space and needs. I love my stackables. We have a lot of laundry so if I'd have had the space I'd have gotten two washers and two dryers.

Blessing1

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:00 pm
I'd put in a big sink for washing & soaking.
A counter for folding, a long rack for drying, as many cabinets as you can fit.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Thu, May 23 2019, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:02 pm
I side washer dryer either stacked or side by side, extra freezer and deep tub sink. Hamper near washing machine. Other side top to bottom cabinets for organized storage with area for laundry, another for tools, sewing & ironing, storage, etc. In between both sides a bar for hang drying laundry on hangers.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, May 23 2019, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rutabaga

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 5:05 pm
I have a large laundry room in the basement so I have plenty of space. I don't know if this would work for you but I had metal bars installed in an alcove so I could hang up laundry to dry with plenty of space so it doesn't take so long. We hang dry all skirts and dresses and most tops, plus bras and slips and tzitzis, so we need lots of space and drying racks alone take up a lot of space.

I know people who have a Pesach kitchen in their laundry room and we left space in ours to put one in eventually, including the plumbing and electrical stuff. We put some outlets at counter height too. When we add the kitchen we'll put in cabinets, but for now we have a big heavy duty shelving unit for detergent and other supplies.

asmileaday

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 6:24 pm
I love my wall mounted fold down drying rack from IKEA.
I prefer a side by side washer dryer if you have the space. I installed a formica countertop right above it and it's amazing for folding laundry (and keeping it there till I eventually get to put it away! )
I don't use the sink a lot but it's a definite plus.

yo'ma

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 8:09 am
I have in my tiny laundry room, a ceiling drying rack. I love it. It's not very large because I don't have the room for it, but it's very convenient.

I don't have, but I saw it in someones building a small closet with shelves or rods (not sure), and it was heated, so it dried very quickly.

lfab

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:14 am
https://www.google.com/search?.....PxJLM

One day I'd love to install something like this in my laundry space with a basket for each family member. Then I could just sort the clothes as it comes out of the dryer.

SuperWify

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:26 am
My dream laundry room would look like something like this (right now all I’ve got is a closet)

A bright and airy room that is clean, organized and pretty for I can be excited actually do the laundry. Like cute signs and plants by the window. On the entranceway I’ll hang a wooden sign that reads- Moms Laundromat: open 24/6.

Features:
Extra washing machine.
Space for a 4 or 5 section hamper built in or mounted to the wall.
A pretty sink (not the commercial one that many people have.)
a reachable shelf for detergents and other laundry cleaning agents.
A counter where I can fold and iron laundry (does such a thing exist? A counter which can double as an ironing board? Scratching Head)
A long rod long enough to hang wet clothes (right now they hang over my bathtub.)

SuperWify

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 9:27 am
lfab wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?q=laundry+room+hacks&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&tbm=isch&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwilseaLn7TiAhXLqlkKHaKqAaMQ_AUIESgC#imgrc=_t8TmrWUEPxJLM

One day I'd love to install something like this in my laundry space with a basket for each family member. Then I could just sort the clothes as it comes out of the dryer.

That’s a great idea!

Miri1

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 11:48 am
All good ideas.
All I would add, is that in a laundry room anything you store that isn't used on a regular basis should be behind doors and not on shelves. Even if your dryer vent is regularly cleaned there still can be a lot of lint getting on surfaces - you don't want to have a fine layer of dust on things you pull out only every so often.

studying_torah

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 11:56 am
A functional window so humidity doesn't build up.
Space for folding & sorting laundry .
I would love a stackable but I'm too short...
A proper space for cleaning supplies, vaccum, mop & broom.
A sink for sure!
Better lighting too
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics