Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Monsey Mansion
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 3:15 pm
Could I have recommendations for a house rental in Monsey for a family reunion, please. Does anybody have experience with a mansion in the Forshay area? Thanks

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 3:23 pm
People have had very bad experience with the monsey mansion in Forshay.

tweety1

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 3:33 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
People have had very bad experience with the monsey mansion in Forshay.

I dunno which one that is but we were in 49 Carlton in the last 6 months. We had a fantastic experience. Erev shabbos we had some minor issues, the manager came over and solved it. It was beautiful. It's not a 5 star motel I will admit but it served the purpose. I prefer not to give any info or details on here. Op, if you want pm me and I'll answer whatever you want to know.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 4:00 pm
I'm not talking about a house on Carlton. There's a house in Forshay called the Monsey Mansion.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 4:40 pm
I was in the 49 Carlton one. It’s big and spacious. Nothing fancy at all. It does have a very musty smell. I heard from people who have been at this one and the forshay one that this one is much better. The Forshay one doesn’t not have a huge dining room.

tweety1

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 4:51 pm
I'm not talking about a house on Carlton. There's a house in Forshay called the Monsey Mansion.

Yes. It's not to far from forshay. It's called the monsey mansion. If you know monsey it's on Carlton but all the way on the other end. ( Carlton is a very long road, takes you from one end to another)There's another one dunno where, that's in bad shape. We went to look at both before we booked.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 5:00 pm
The monsey mansion is on Jay Court in Forshay.

tweety1

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 5:33 pm
The monsey mansion is on Jay Court in Forshay.

Interesting, Cuz driving distance its not far from forshay at all. This one also has some name. It's literally a mansion. A massive massive big dining room. Like when divided for men and ladies could be a small hall.

tweety1

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 5:37 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I was in the 49 Carlton one. It’s big and spacious. Nothing fancy at all. It does have a very musty smell. I heard from people who have been at this one and the forshay one that this one is much better. The Forshay one doesn’t not have a huge dining room.

As I wrote before, we looked at both. The other one is in terrible condition. This one isnt either great but nothing to compare to the other one. Some of my siblings complained of the smell, I didn't notice it. But it's very spacious. It has some flaws.
Eta: the flaws didn't take away from the experience we had at all. We worked around it very easily.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 6:53 pm
http://www.reservekosher.com/l......html
Is this the one people have bad experiences with? Besides for a small dining room what other flaws does it have?
Does anybody have recommendations to other big house rentals in Monsey?
Thanks

Notsobusy

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 6:58 pm
How many bedrooms does the house on Carlton have?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 7:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
http://www.reservekosher.com/listing-royal-living-at-the-monsey-mansion-in-forshay-area-to-rent-for-yomim-tovim--%26-al-1257.html
Is this the one people have bad experiences with? Besides for a small dining room what other flaws does it have?
Thanks

Yes.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 10:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
http://www.reservekosher.com/listing-royal-living-at-the-monsey-mansion-in-forshay-area-to-rent-for-yomim-tovim--%26-al-1257.html
Thanks

A crazy owner. Do some searches here and you can read all about it.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:55 am
Has anyone been there recently and can confirm the condition of the place ?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 12:00 pm
Yaffa Palti (Instagram personality) was just in the mansion on Carlton, this past shabbos. She posted videos of the house and said it’s really beautiful. You can dm her about it.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 1:31 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Yaffa Palti (Instagram personality) was just in the mansion on Carlton, this past shabbos. She posted videos of the house and said it’s really beautiful. You can dm her about it.

Thanks , I’m asking about the other one

tweety1

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:18 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

The one on Carlton is indeed beautiful! We were the there. We looked at the other one and we weren't gonna go, we then found the one on Carlton.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:21 pm
It May be superficially beautiful or beautiful compared to the other one, but it is nothing fancy, has a terrible smell, I wouldn’t put a crawling kid on the floors and most certainly not the carpets. It hasn’t been washed in years...

minnie mouse

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:31 pm
Our family went to the one in forshay on jay street. Its very run down, leaking roofs, in some rooms the air conditioners werent working.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jun 25 2019, 8:44 pm
We had a family shabbos in the Jay Street one. It was beyond awful. The owner is absolutely nuts he kept popping in whenever he wanted.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics