Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Article in the Ami (Abt: sealed windows)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

qwerty4

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 4:12 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
Is it a Jewish company?

Yes. There was an incident where a couple of tragedies occurred in a building and we referenced the photos to check things out. Not sure what was found though.

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 6:13 pm
I had a relative that lived in apartment and tried to conceive for over a year. As soon as she moved, she did.

The couple who lived their before could not become pregnant as long as they lived their and the couple who moved in after has the same issue. They all became pregnant after they moved out.

Before you jump to conclusions it was speculated that the apartment had a mold problem.

elisheva25

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 6:31 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I had a relative that lived in apartment and tried to conceive for over a year. As soon as she moved, she did.

The couple who lived their before could not become pregnant as long as they lived their and the couple who moved in after has the same issue. They all became pregnant after they moved out.

Before you jump to conclusions it was speculated that the apartment had a mold problem.

This really makes me want to cry . So what should people do that have a hard time conceiving in their house ?? Put it up for sale ???๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 6:48 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
When Israel was under direct threat of poison gas attacks, the mamads were designed to have doors and windows that sealed air tight. I just happen to keep my mamad door and window open a bit, because that is how the cat gets in and out of the mirpesset.

I wish I could report a big improvement in my health and parnossa, but everything has stayed the same.

I don't recall ever seeing a house or apartment in Israel that had holes in doors or windows, although I'll be more on the lookout now.

I do know that pest control companies tell you to seal up all gaps and holes with caulk to prevent cockroaches and mice. Some parts of Israel have a problem with poisonous snakes and scorpions, too. They love to come into the house when it's too hot outside.

So which would you rather have? What

Nothing to do with cockroaches, mice, poisonous snakes, or demons, we left holes open in the house because of the sick building disease. You can't seal up structures too tight or the occupants get sick.

Our home is an energy efficient home to the platinum standard, and we had zero air leaks. Yes, we had an engineer test for this. Then small holes were made for the exchange of air because of the sick building disease.

DH built a commercial structure that won a platinum award for energy efficiency. He also had to open up holes there.

Anonymous because of personal details.

happyness

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 7:08 pm
I just called a rov, because we renovated and moved our oven a foot or two. He said it's only an issue for gas ranges with an exhaust to the street. when you move the oven you cannot close up the exhaust to the street.

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 7:17 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
This really makes me want to cry . So what should people do that have a hard time conceiving in their house ?? Put it up for sale ???๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

Maybe the landlords should take care of the mold or possibly check of there is any sealed windows?

etky

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 1:29 am
All this sounds very similar to Feng Shui IMO.
Anyway, I'm not going to worry about this. Our home is so not air tight. When there is strong wind we even feel it coming through the electric sockets Rolling Eyes

fraida18

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 2:05 am
I was told to open a 12x12 whole in the area that had a window. Ask your dayan. I do know this is something u wouldn't want to play around with....

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 6:49 am
This is quite an interesting summary. I think he got a lot of his material from the Halachically Speaking article quoted above.

https://www.yutorah.org/lectur.....asid/

elisheva25

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 11:11 am
Update : We spoke to 2 Rabbonim , who both said we need to drill at the place of previous existing window. They didnโ€™t say itโ€™s nothing and just to ignore . As we are going about checking previous done construction by former owners, we found 2 more windows that were sealed off/taken out. Iyโ€h, I will come back and give updates .

urban gypsy

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 11:19 am
elisheva25 wrote:
Update : We spoke to 2 Rabbonim , who both said we need to drill at the place of previous existing window. They didnโ€™t say itโ€™s nothing and just to ignore . As we are going about checking previous done construction by former owners, we found 2 more windows that were sealed off/taken out. Iyโ€h, I will come back and give updates .

I'm glad you are able to get this sorted. You will feel so much better.
Looking forward to hearing your updates.

joyful mom

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 11:57 am
elisheva25 wrote:

Were the former owners Jewish?

elisheva25

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 12:14 pm
[quote="joyful mom"]Were the former owners Jewish?[/quote

Yes.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 2:36 pm
urban gypsy wrote:

Ditto, Elisheva!

elisheva25

Post Fri, May 24 2019, 3:19 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Ditto, Elisheva!

Thank you ๐Ÿ™!!

imasoftov

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 10:37 am
I found a copy of the Tzvaah of Rabbi Yehuda Hachassid here
#20 says "ืœื ื™ืกืชื•ื ืื“ื ื—ืœื•ืŸ ืื• ืคืชื— ืœื’ืžืจื™ ืฉืœื ื™ื–ื™ืงื• ื”ืฉื“ื™ื, ื›ื™ ื“ืจื›ืŸ ืœืฆืืช ื‘ื•, ืืœื ื™ื ืงื•ื‘ ื‘ื• ื ืงื‘", One should not seal a window or door completely so that demons do not cause harm, because they are used to passing through it, but instead should leave a small hole.

Other laws in the section about building are
#17. Don't build a house (or live in one, this may be a variant reading) on formerly vacant land unless it stands vacant for a year
#18. Don't put a bath in a house, if it does it will be destroyed (it could also be read to say it should be destroyed) unless it's for public use.

I'm sure there are explanations of why we now have baths in our houses. I haven't heard of people refusing to live in houses built on previously vacant land. Well perhaps people are more stringent with #20 because it mentions danger from demons? #45 doesn't, either.

#45 says ". ืื™ืœืŸ ื”ืขื•ืฉื” ืคื™ืจื•ืช ืื™ืŸ ืœืงืฆืฅ ืื•ืชื•" A tree that produces fruit should not be cut down.

This doesn't seem to be more stringent than the halacha Hilchot Melachim 6:8. It also doesn't mention demons or any other sort of danger, so perhaps, those who are more careful about cutting fruit trees than halacha requires, read it as don't even prune it or don't cut it down even if it doesn't produce fruit, or are concerned with supernatural danger, are based on commentaries or other sources.

As always, ask your own rabbi, not me, not anyone else here.

Last edited by imasoftov on Tue, May 28 2019, 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 10:46 am
urban gypsy wrote:

Me too! Lots of hatzlocha going forward!

hot pink

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 3:30 pm
Reviving this post as I have a friend experiencing a similar issue. Did the OP have any major positive changes?

elisheva25

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 4:25 pm
Hi ,
OP here โ€ฆ totally forgot about this thread
Yes BH
Of course donโ€™t know if & how itโ€™s connected โ€ฆ.we did many things at that point in our lives as spiritual hishtadlus
So who can say what worked ?
But BH after dealing with SiF for awhile, I had a baby @age of 39 in 2021 & than @41 I had a baby 3 months ago
Both were completely natural conceptions
Baruch HaShem !!

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Jul 06 2023, 4:44 pm
We have a window we sealed before moving in. We asked our rav beforehand, and afterward when we had some problems, and both times he said it isn't an issue.
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics