Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Nature Bright from Shaklee

mom2mysouls

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 12:09 am
Anyone know a product that works as effectively?

Its expensive and I have to get it separately from a distributor. Id rather get something local at Target or Walmart.

For those that recommend Oxy - which one works well?
I found that I tried the Oxi Clean- Versatile. It didn't remove the stains as well.

So Im looking to hear any recommendations for a good stain remover/color booster.
TIA

rosebunch

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 12:52 am
I highly recommend this product. I only use it on tough stains, creating a paste with a little hot water and a scoop of nature bright. It takes out stains that no other detergent managed to do. Since it's a natural product I used it on newborn clothes that were taken out of storage for my next baby and had yellow stains that I couldn't get out with any other product.

mom2mysouls

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:30 am
Yes, I agree. I was wondering if there is any comparable product to it.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 8:40 am
Oxiclean versatile powder is the only comparable product. I don't buy nature bright anymore because of the cost and inconvenience. I agree that nature bright is less harsh on the color of the clothes, but I've been using oxiclean for over a decade and it's really effective.
How are you using it? What type of stains are you using it on?

mom2mysouls

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 11:18 am
Everything. baby stains, grape juice, watermelon, grass , mud, chocolate.
I also use baking soda along with Nature Bright.. It virtually gets off everything.
I tried Oxiclean versatile powder in the past. It didnt do too much for me..
Agree -the cost and convenience is a pain.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 11:42 am
mom2mysouls wrote:
Everything. baby stains, grape juice, watermelon, grass , mud, chocolate.
I also use baking soda along with Nature Bright.. It virtually gets off everything.
I tried Oxiclean versatile powder in the past. It didnt do too much for me..
Agree -the cost and convenience is a pain.

For food stains Dawn dish soap is the best. It breaks down the stains without affecting the material or color. It does take a bit more work though.
Make the garment fully wet. Take a drop of dish soap and spread between the palms of your hands. You use palms to rub the soap into the stain. Let sit 15 minutes and then scrub out with soft cleaning toothbrush. If it's a fresh stains it's pretty straight forward. If it's older than you have to let it sit a few hours, scrub and do it again and let sit another few hours if necessary.
Always rinse out the dish soap fully before putting the clothes in the machine to wash, because HE machines cannot handle suds.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry