Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Potato kugel help

ruby slippers

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:41 pm
I posted earlier asking if it is possible to cook potato kugel in a bundt pan- well I tried it - the answer is no!!
So what now? Half the kugel is out of the bundt pan, the other half stuck in. I pulled all of it out. and smooshed it all together into my regular pan. If you are thinking that must look awful- uhm yeh it does. So then I decided, what If I egg the top and maybe it can brown in the oven- not a good idea either. It just made a scrambled egg on top of my already cooked potato kugel. How can I hide this awful looking top? I just sprinkled some paprika, hoping to disguise it.
It smells great BTW - how do I hide the uneven bumpy top..
Help!

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:43 pm
Don't hide it with egg and paprika. Smile
Just make it piping hot and scoop it into pretty bowls. Forget about slices. Smile

ruby slippers

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Don't hide it with egg and paprika. Smile
Just make it piping hot and scoop it into pretty bowls. Forget about slices. Smile

lol!
Do you think after warming it, I can use an ice cream scoop and serve it on a platter? Maybe I just fry onions and shmear that on top....

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:50 pm
eema1 wrote:
lol!
Do you think after warming it, I can use an ice cream scoop and serve it on a platter? Maybe I just fry onions and shmear that on top....
Just don't. Wink
But you can sprinkle parsley on top of the bowls or crispy slivers of pastrami. No scoopers or smears.

ruby slippers

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:52 pm
OOH! I like the pastrami idea- thanks!!

esther malka

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 11:10 pm
What about making it into overnight Kugel? scrape it into a 9x13, pour 3/4 c water in top, cover tightly with foil. Place a pan of water on the bottom rack of the oven, bake overnight at 250. Take it out in the morning, and warm up for shabbos as usual.
Or
Make it into yapchik, place in crockpot add flanken, a little water, cook overnight.
Good luck!
Btw you can bake potato Kugel in Pyrex and the rounded bowl type ones come out looking cool, if you were looking for a different presentation.

sitting

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 2:00 am
Wrap it and add to the cholent pot just before shabbos

whewpy

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 12:07 pm
How about turning it into yapchik?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics