Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Cholov Yisroel butter
Previous  1  2

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 10:26 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I agree. In Israel the butter is extremely expensive. Not only that, I prefer salted butter, which isn't really a thing here. If I ever see it in the stores, I buy a whole bunch, seal them in a double ziplock bag, and store them in the freezer.

When salted butter is seen in town, a group email goes out, and it's posted on FB!

Salted butter is probably not under 'mechir pikuach'. I've only seen salted once and in a non-religious supermarket in Tel Aviv. Didn't buy it as no mehadrin hechsher and way too expensive.

imorethanamother

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 8:26 pm
I found the sticks! $11 for four sticks. Sigh.

And people say that meat is expensive! Cheese and butter and sour cream is just as expensive.

sky

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 8:51 pm
sky wrote:
Last year they had tnuva butter and you could by single sticks so it came out cheaper if you didn’t need a lot.

Bingo had the Tnuva butter. 2 - 100g sticks for $3. 4 is just under 1 lb. it isn’t too bad. In general I find it comes out cheaper. My regular grocery ha it with the Israeli dairy products and not the butter.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains