Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Baltimore Q’s re: airport, restaurants, kid attractions

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 4:07 pm
I’m going to be flying into Baltimore this summer. Me plus a few kids. Hope you can help me.
1. Is the airport very big? Do you have to take a tram to car rentals? I’m trying to figure out how I’ll handle getting a few kids and a ton of luggage through this process. Any helpful advice?

2. Recommend a restaurant for breakfast/ brunch. Somewhere kid friendly and affordable but not a dump.

3. We will have a few hours in Baltimore before heading to our destination. What’s your best suggestion for something nice/ fun interesting to do with kids for about 2 hours? Kids are 8-12.

Thanks!

doctorima

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 4:45 pm
I'll leave the airport and the restaurants to the locals. For an activity, I'd personally take them to the science museum, which is really well-done. My kids also loved the children's museum, but the older ones might be too old to enjoy parts of it. Other options are the aquarium (very nice, but expensive), a submarine tour, or Ft. McHenry (where the Star Spangled Banner was composed).

The good news is that all these activities are all very close to each other in the area of the Inner Harbor, though that's not where the kosher restaurants are located.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 5:19 pm
If u need supper Dougies had very nice menu and was well priced. I would say all the above attractions or even a nice boat ride by the water.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 5:33 pm
For breakfast - Goldbergs.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 6:13 pm
Goldberg's bagels is the go to breakfast place in Baltimore.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 6:24 pm
I agree about Goldberg's bagels for breakfast.

The Museum of Science and Industry is also nice — and also in the Inner Harbor area.

If the weather is hot (more often than not), take a water taxi to Fort McHenry. It's breezy and relatively cool there.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 7:12 pm
Thanks so much for the suggestions. Where would I pick up the water taxi to Fort McHenry?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 7:13 pm
Oh, and is there ANYTHING interesting at all nearer the kosher restaurants?

amother
Denim

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 7:20 pm
No, not really.

Are you planning to go straight to a restaurant, then to the downtown area for a fun activity?
If you really only have 2 hours, that's a super tight squeeze for time. In fact, not really doable.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 8:16 pm
There are a few kosher restaurants in the downtown area, not far from the water. The Daily Special has hashgacha from Rabbi Zvi Weiss: https://dailyspecialrestaurant.com/ as does the Van Gogh Cafe: https://www.vangoughcafe.com/menu

I have not tried either.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 6:52 am
Hi. You need to take a free airport shuttle to the rental car center. They come around frequently (about every 5-10 minutes), but the ride is about 10 minutes since the rental facility is not actually in the airport.

Can you give us a better idea of the exact timing of your trip so that we can help figure out if you have enough time to both get food and an activity? I agree with the others that the Inner Harbor would be the most fun for the kids, but I can't tell based on the information you provided whether you will have enough time to get there and back to the airport with the time it will take to rent and return the car.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics