Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Tupperware or OXO?

dankbar

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:06 pm
Which containers do you prefer for pantry?

Right now I have some tupperware. Some covers broke which I can get replaced free of charge. They don't carry this color anymore, so then need to replace all covers for symmetry. I would also add what I am missing. Does it pay for me or rather get all new OXO?

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:37 pm
You need to have symmetrical -- I think you mean matching -- Tupperware?

If you can get the lids replaced for free, just go with that. Who cares what your storage dishes look like?

dankbar

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 1:57 pm
I mean same color lid for all sizes containers

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 2:03 pm
dankbar wrote:
I mean same color lid for all sizes containers

Does that matter? Do you care? If it's an issue of new colors that seem odd for fleishig (or whatever you use these dishes for), can you put those fleishig / milchig / pareve on your dishes so you won't mix anything up? That's what I would do.

If you care that much, of course, go for what makes you happy. It wouldn't matter to me, and finances are always tight, so this is one place where I personally would not spend the extra money if I didn't have to.

whewpy

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 2:15 pm
If it gives u pleasure and I can afford it, go for it. You live only once...

I personally like I do better

meme6

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 6:48 pm
I have both oxo and Tupperware I hate my oxo the covers are sensitive my kid dropped the container once it was cracked my Tupperware are 17 years old and great

happy12

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 9:16 pm
I have tupperware. My daughter has snapware which is much cheaper. My mother has sistema which is also cheaper.

gesher

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 1:29 am
I also have Tupperware and oOXO and dislike the oxo durability. They brake so easily, covers are a pain to clean and sizes are awful. Tupperware modular mates sizes are by far the best! My only problem with Tupperware is that it's not completely clear. Wish they were!

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 4:32 am
gesher wrote:
I also have Tupperware and oOXO and dislike the oxo durability. They brake so easily, covers are a pain to clean and sizes are awful. Tupperware modular mates sizes are by far the best! My only problem with Tupperware is that it's not completely clear. Wish they were!

I also love Tupperware as opposed to OXO or any other brand.
Just wanted you to know that Tupperware now has a product called "Clearly Elegant." I haven't tried it yet, but it looks amazing.

Might be a bit pricey, but if it is anything like their other bowls, I'd go for it and give it a try. Please let me know what others think.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics