Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Should I put her in pull-ups now?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 2:03 pm
I toilet trained my verbal 2.5 year old the day after pesach. By day 3 she was accident free. However she never learned how to poop properly and now a month later im tearing the hair out of my head. She was always a bit of a constipated child.. she has miralax every few days in her morning drink as I see fit. I knew a child who has a hard time going is better off in a potty but she absolutely refuses to go in it and wants to use the toilet only. She hasn't been able to poop without miralax in the toilet so ive beem giving it to her every day or every other day and shes been so loose and totally cant control herself that shes been having nom stop dirty accidents. And with peeing she had zero problems. Sometimes she sits on the toilet and trys to push and she gives up and stands on the floor and has an accident..I understand its easier to go with her feet on the ground but I am just DONE. im ready to keep her in a pull up full time until she gets regulated.
Sad thing is she night trained herself and hasnt worn a diaper in month so I know this will be a huge battle....

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 2:14 pm
I really feel for your daughter (and you).

Tell her the pull ups are special underpants. Don't call them diapers.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 3:12 pm
Mirilax takes time for the system to adjust to a change in dose. If she's now taking it daily instead of every few days maybe it's too much. When I was weaning my daughter we cut back slowly to half and then a quarter dose. Maybe trying giving her a smaller dose daily and Sue won't be as loose.

nchr

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 3:16 pm
If a child has an upset stomach (from miralax or anything else), even if they have been previously trained, it is likely they may have accidents and miss the toilet. I'd wean her off of the Miralax unless it is medically necessary and with time she will poop in the toilet. My niece used to ask for a diaper to poop in until she was 5. Guess it just felt more comfortable for her.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 3:29 pm
Try following the protocol in the "It's No Accident" book.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training