Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Getting wrinkles, Vitamin c serum?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 10:52 pm
Anyone use vitamin c serum?
I'd like some info. I'm looking for one that is not expensive but works. Any ideas?

Power1Mom

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 10:56 pm
According to my dermatologist, the only proven treatment for anti aging is retinol. I think you need a prescription for it though.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 11:15 pm
Im hitting 35 and would like to start a new skincare routine. Is retinol the first thing I need.

I have redness and dry skin so maybe not such a good idea.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 11:18 pm
Retinol. About vitamin C, look up angie of hotnflashy on youtube. She gives great anti aging advice. Just like the dermatologist.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 5:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im hitting 35 and would like to start a new skincare routine. Is retinol the first thing I need.

I have redness and dry skin so maybe not such a good idea.

The only thing I use on my face is pure Jojoba oil. Right when I get out of the shower, and my pores are still open, I massage 1/4 teaspoon of oil all over my face. No need to rinse off or pat dry, your skin will absorb all of it within a half an hour.

Jojoba oil has a special property, in that it does not clog your pores (non comedogenic). It actually decreases skin oil, dissolves sebum, and lifts out stubborn blackheads.

I tend to have combination skin, and this stuff works miracles. I'm 53, and people usually guess my age to be in my mid 30's.

yc

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 6:33 am
frantic frummie: at what age did you start with the oil?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 6:37 am
yc wrote:
frantic frummie: at what age did you start with the oil?

I don't even remember. Probably in my 20's or so. I used to have terrible acne, and everything I tried that dried it out was just making it worse. Once I found out about the oil, my acne cleared up. Seems counter intuitive, but it works!

amother
Coral

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 6:57 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
The only thing I use on my face is pure Jojoba oil. Right when I get out of the shower, and my pores are still open, I massage 1/4 teaspoon of oil all over my face. No need to rinse off or pat dry, your skin will absorb all of it within a half an hour.

Jojoba oil has a special property, in that it does not clog your pores (non comedogenic). It actually decreases skin oil, dissolves sebum, and lifts out stubborn blackheads.

I tend to have combination skin, and this stuff works miracles. I'm 53, and people usually guess my age to be in my mid 30's.

Can you send link?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 7:47 am
FranticFrummie wrote:

Are you sure it's the jojoba and not your genes? Did your mother look young as well?
I'm using jojoba for a while (as per your recommendation in another thread Smile) but I'm not sure it's having an impact. I have very dry skin and it's still very dry. Maybe it just isn't suitable for dry skin? Or maybe I'm not religious enough about using it every day? Wink

little neshamala

Post Mon, May 27 2019, 8:06 am
Wow I just googed jojoba oil and it popped up everywhere on all the skin care sites and dermatologist interviews as being recommended to prevent wrinkles
Never even heard of it before...

whewpy

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 4:39 pm
Who sells it?

Simple1

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 5:04 pm
mommyg123 wrote:
According to my dermatologist, the only proven treatment for anti aging is retinol. I think you need a prescription for it though.

Retinoid is by prescription. Retinol is not. As aside, they shouldn't be used during pregnancy (not sure about retinol).

amother
Gold

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:14 pm
Differin, OTC retinoid. Sold as acne medication, works for wrinkles too. Inexpensive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics