Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Sweet pepper HELP

baba

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 9:15 am
I'm making a soup with sweet red peppers. You have to peel the skin off, but how???? I tried boiling them in hot water like I usually do to tomatoes, but it didnt work? Any tips? Quickly please...

YALT

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 9:20 am
I don't know if it would work, now that they're cooked, but maybe if you peel them next time with a peeler?

technic

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 9:23 am
someone correct if im wrong (theres always a 1st time Wink ) but 2 get skin off peppers dont u have 2 grill them or sthing??? Confused

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 9:35 am
Yup. Maybe there are other ways, but I would just stick them in the oven for a bit on a high temp until the skin starts getting black. Take them out and peel them. The skin comes right off.

technic

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 9:37 am
(I guess im still waiting 4 the 1st time Wink )

Clarissa

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 9:45 am
Here's how I do peppers. Put them in a pan, under the broiler, and turn them as the skin turns black. When they're black all around, put them in a paper bag for about five minutes. When you take them out, just pick off the skin and pull out and discard the unwanted seed area. It's easy. Don't rinse them off, though. The oil there is tasty.

The other option, for those who have gas stoves (I don't) is to char the skin by turning the pepper with a fork over the flame. You can hold it right above, and char it all around.

At this point, to try and save them, you might want to try the broiler thing. I'm not sure if the process will be affected by the fact that you parboiled them already. Try it with one of them. If that doesn't work, rub them with a little olive oil, roast them, puree them in a food processor and then put them through a fine-meshed sieve. That will take the skins off. You have to really push them around in the sieve with a rubber spatula, to make sure you get all of the non-skin part to come through. I can't swear by this method because of the steps you've already taken, but it's worth a shot.

baba

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 9:52 am
Thanks everyone. After technic's first post I decided to just put them under the grill since I was running out of time and it seems to be working. THe skin is turning black and looks like it will be easy to take off.
Thanks again!

technic

Post Tue, Nov 13 2007, 10:07 am
happy 2 help....bteavon Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics