Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
S/O -giving a child his own room
Previous  1  2

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 5:50 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
My husband is an only child
I only have a brother.

For the first 6 or 7 years of our marriage, we had separate bedrooms, because we were both used to lots of space

That's interesting. While I was used to having my own room at home, I enjoyed sharing my room in sem and I never wanted a separate bedroom when I was married

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 5:51 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
My husband is an only child
I only have a brother.

For the first 6 or 7 years of our marriage, we had separate bedrooms, because we were both used to lots of space

Not to derail, but curious. Keeping this PG, in those years after intimacy did you sleep in the same bed/room or one of you retreated to the other room?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 5:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
somebody mentioned in a different thread that one of the perks of a smaller family is that each child can get his own room.
This made me wonder.
I have two girls and that is probably how my family will stay.
I purposely put them both in the same room. I want them to learn to live together.
We have another room that is empty and is used as a guest room/study.
Should I rethink this?
Of course there is friction between them at times.
Am I depriving them of something good?

How often do you use the guest room/study? If infrequently, then it probably is best used as a bedroom. If daily then it makes sense to keep things as they are. You say your guest room is empty. Does that mean it is hardly used? Our study is the main room my DH and I hang out together as our bedroom next to it is tiny. There is no bed in our study so we couldn’t easily consider it as another bedroom.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 9:33 am
It really depends. I am the only girl, so I always had my own room while my brothers shared. Right now I have all boys. They currently all share because they love it, though I sometimes have to separate them if they're keeping each other up too late. My youngest used to have his own room as a baby because I didn't trust the older boys not to wake him. Now he's three and he still technically has his own room but usually chooses to sleep in the "big boy room". It's super sweet. I do think my oldest might want his own room when he hits teenage years, but we'll see.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics