Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
SPINOFF how do you expect your dh to make so much $?
Previous  1  2

amother
Black

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:49 pm
Yes, we must do hishtadlus and go to college BUT SOME PPLS hiashtadlus is to work their way up because either they were born into money and hashem made them successful by buying real estate or nursing homes or...and they have connections that others dont have.

But, I have to point out that I know a lot of ppl who did hishtadlus went to college and tried to build a business or work for better...but failed while their friends succeeded and is doing well. We need to do hishtadlus and after that its up to hashem. Some ppl go to trade school or...but ultimately if hashen wants him to do well he will(its not just talents) or working long hrs...its hashems plan for you after hishtadlus....

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 6:55 pm
You forgot to mention the route of cutting corners, taking out huge salaries when it’s not warranted , skimming taxes and fraud. Unfortunately Otisville is full of frum men sitting in jail for white collar crimes. I’m guessing though their wives did not “expect” their husbands to make money that way.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 7:10 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
In what field can you make 170k and not have a degree? Is it real estate? Selling insurance? Just curious.

Not the poster you were addressing but I could have said similar. The field is IT but back-end, like infrastructure, systems etc. While no college degree is required, there are certain professional certifications that are required, but they've also been offered on the job. To be fair, the higher salary comes from management level positions, not just pure knowledge of the field.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 7:35 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Not the poster you were addressing but I could have said similar. The field is IT but back-end, like infrastructure, systems etc. While no college degree is required, there are certain professional certifications that are required, but they've also been offered on the job. To be fair, the higher salary comes from management level positions, not just pure knowledge of the field.

Yes, my husband job involves management and a lot of responsibility. No checking in and out, but no time off either.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 6:41 am
That is why we encourage our children to go to college. We know that it's not a sure thing and we let them know that, but it's something that they know that they might be able to fall back on. Neither me nor my dh went to college. I do not work because I can't find a job but even if I did, the pay would be minimal. My dh has worked as lots of different things over the years and sometimes did okay and sometimes not, but he is an unbelievable hard worker. He calls himself a loser and I tell him he is absolutely not because a loser is someone who doesn't try and he does. It's all in hashems hands, but sadly he does not have or not have enough yiraas shamayim to see it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics