Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Converting sticks of margarine to cups

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 3:38 pm
I'm terrible with conversions. If my recipe calls for 1/3 of a cup margarine, how many sticks is that ?

juggling

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 3:44 pm
Two sticks of margarine is one cup. 1/3 of a cup, would be 2/3 of half a cup. So 2/3 of a stick.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 4:17 pm
juggling wrote:
Two sticks of margarine is one cup. 1/3 of a cup, would be 2/3 of half a cup. So 2/3 of a stick.

Thank you !

glamourmom

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 4:21 pm
juggling wrote:

wow. just wow. I'm blown away. I'd probably figure it out eventually but I couldn't even read this sentence without my brain shutting down. LOL LOL LOL

I'd love to know how to convert from marg to oil? should I consider it the same amount just in liquid form?

smile18

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 4:32 pm
glamourmom wrote:

I'd love to know how to convert from marg to oil? should I consider it the same amount just in liquid form?

1 stick margarine is a 1/2 cup oil.
In some recipes the consistency and taste will be same when using oil instead of margarine

Laiya

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 4:48 pm
Although 1 stick = 1/2 cup, oil spreads so if you keep it at a one to one ratio it will probably come out greasy. I've found recipes work well with substituting 1/3 c. oil for 1 stick of margarine.

glamourmom

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 5:12 pm
Laiya wrote:
Although 1 stick = 1/2 cup, oil spreads so if you keep it at a one to one ratio it will probably come out greasy. I've found recipes work well with substituting 1/3 c. oil for 1 stick of margarine.

that's great. I'll keep in mind next time I convert. double win!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins