Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Current info about getting a bracha from Rav Chaim Kanievsky

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 11:14 pm
The last time we were in Israel, about 3.5 years ago, DH and DS davened mincha at the earliest minyan at Lederman where they got to see Rav Chaim. Is this still a reliable way to at least get to see Rav Chaim, or does he often daven in his home with a private minyan these days?

Also, we did not have an appointment last time, but DH was fortunate enough to get the gabbai to allow them in for a brief bracha (BUHA). He doesn't want to take any chances this time and wonders if there's a # he can call to get an appointment to take DS back - it was a highlight of the trip! Yes, I know he doesn't see women, and I'll be happy to wait for DH and DS if we can figure out how to get them in. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 11:21 pm
I heard that for a very private one on one appointment people contact the Kanievsky grandchildren. If you are willing to pay them thousands they will take you in for a private appointment.

There is a lady who schedules time slots for quick appointments with R’ Chaim. You don’t pay anything for that.

el2cg

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 11:23 pm
I was just there sunday. We tried calling many numbers but did not get through. We went hoping to get a bracha after the earliest mincha. We got there at 12:50. There was a short line (1-2 ppl ahead) at his (side entrance) door. My husband and sons were allowed in. This was before mincha. Good luck

WitchKitty

Post Tue, May 28 2019, 11:44 pm
As far as I know, he always davens in Lederman- gets there through a bridge from his house. If you can catch him that way it is the best option.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 8:38 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I heard that for a very private one on one appointment people contact the Kanievsky grandchildren. If you are willing to pay them thousands they will take you in for a private appointment.

There is a lady who schedules time slots for quick appointments with R’ Chaim. You don’t pay anything for that.

Thanks for the info. I think paying thousands is a little out of our budget. Do you by chance have the contact info for the woman who makes the appointments?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 8:40 pm
el2cg wrote:
I was just there sunday. We tried calling many numbers but did not get through. We went hoping to get a bracha after the earliest mincha. We got there at 12:50. There was a short line (1-2 ppl ahead) at his (side entrance) door. My husband and sons were allowed in. This was before mincha. Good luck

Wow, that's amazing and gives me hope! Do you know what time mincha at Lederman starts these days?

DH said he only remembers a front door. Where is the side door, and your DH just knocked on it before mincha and was allowed in for a brief bracha?

Last time, DH tried getting in after mincha, but there was a gabbai at the door who had a list of the names with appointments. DH wasn't on it and wasn't going to get in, but he begged that we came all the way from the US and was allowed to go in after all those with appointments. This time, he'd like to have a more reliable plan if possible.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 10:09 am
Bump - anyone?

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:45 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

I would really appreciate if you would post the number if you have it because we plan to go to Israel for my son's bar mitzva and I would love for him to get a bracha on his birthday!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions