Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Running/jogging/walking and listening to....

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:32 am
Do you listen to anything while doing any of the above? If I was on a treadmill, I might, but I walk almost everyday for almost 2 hours and I can't. I tried once listening to a shiur. I usually half listen anyway, but I couldn't. I wasn't paying attention. I'm not interested in listening to music. I love being in my own thoughts!! Sometimes that's not a good idea Smile though.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:50 am
yes! I listen to podcasts or books. Either from audible or from the library. You were asking about a NY library app...I am not in the USA but my my public library app lets me borrow audio books as well. Not as wide a selection as audible but pretty decent. And often the same books. You might need to reserve the popular books.

I listen to a very specific type of audio book, not necessarily the same type of book I read. There needs to be some type of suspense or mystery to keep my attention.

If my attention wanders while listening I just rewind a bit.

Sometimes I like to walk without listening to anything but I couldn't do that on a long walk.

aricelli

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:55 am
Long walks are great- I let my thoughts flow. Its the only time I’m alone with my thoughts and I love it!

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 9:15 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
You were asking about a NY library app...I am not in the USA but my my public library app lets me borrow audio books as well.

That's so sweet of you for remembering, but not interested. I like to be in my own thoughts. Besides I have a short attention span and I wouldn't be able to comprehend the book very well while walking, but thanks!

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 9:29 am
I also have a very short attention span and would not enjoy a shiur or audible book. But I ALWAYS listen to music. Washing dishes, folding laundry, walking, exercising....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise