Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
URG: Bnos melochim has 7speakers - list here -do U know them
Previous  1  2  3

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:49 am
It's just ironic that's all. To me, vague s-xual references to someone's husband is a bigger breach in tznius than a frum woman not being as strict as R' Falk's guidelines. I don't mean to insult a well intentioned person but I didn't find that message beautiful at all. In fact, it proves to me why I find tznius symposiums out of touch and annoying.

amother
White

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:53 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
It's just ironic that's all. To me, vague s-xual references to someone's husband is a bigger breach in tznius than a frum woman not being as strict as R' Falk's guidelines. I don't mean to insult a well intentioned person but I didn't find that message beautiful at all. In fact, it proves to me why I find tznius symposiums out of touch and annoying.

Did they say that at the event last night?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:55 am
The gist of her message was a summary of all the cliches I've ever heard at any tznius workshop or inspirational speech.
Her proof of her neighbor's husband was an explanation or specific example of those cliches.

urban gypsy

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 11:57 am
It's just ironic that's all. To me, vague s-xual references to someone's husband is a bigger breach in tznius than a frum woman not being as strict as R' Falk's guidelines.

Totally agree. Except it's not all that vague, it's on the explicit side. I can't imagine the level of cringe involved. How did this woman find this out? Did her husband confess it to her or did she imagine it? And what on earth could have been her rationale in sharing it with a friend? Yikes awks

ShishKabob

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 12:17 pm
Surrendered wrote:
Ive been to previous Bnos Melochim Worldwide Events.
It's an uplifting and very inspirational event. Worth going.

I went last night! It was really a beautiful and thought provoking event. I appreciated some speakers style more than others, but overall I left with a very good feeling as a pose to being disappointed.
They bdavka make it palatable and very approachable even for people that cringe when they hear the word tznius.
I was actually very impressed with the entire presentation. Very well done.

Pollyanna

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:11 pm

Excuse me, but you got it wrong.... my neighbor / friend and I are very close. She is the only one I share my inner struggles with (besides DH) and so does she with me. It's very healthy to have one person to share things you wouldn't normally talk about on a park bench. Needless to say, I'll try to minimize extremely private topics that we converse about with each other that aren't a must as much as I can, because I see the point and I agree, as I said, I'm happy it was brought to my attention.

urban gypsy

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:13 pm
Pollyanna wrote:
Excuse me, but you got it wrong.... my neighbor / friend and I are very close. She is the only one I share my inner struggles with (besides DH) and so does she with me. It's very healthy to have one person to share things you wouldn't normally talk about on a park bench. Needless to say, I'll try to minimize extremely private topics that we converse about with each other that aren't a must as much as I can, because I see the point and I agree, as I said, I'm happy it was brought to my attention.

I think because you said neighbor, we are literally picturing you discussing it on a park bench or balcony outside your house. It would have made a bit more sense if you called her your best closest friend instead of your neighbor.

Pollyanna

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:15 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
I went last night! It was really a beautiful and thought provoking event. I appreciated some speakers style more than others, but overall I left with a very good feeling as a pose to being disappointed.
They bdavka make it palatable and very approachable even for people that cringe when they hear the word tznius.
I was actually very impressed with the entire presentation. Very well done.

Will they have a recording on their line? I usually don't have that much time, though love the short personal stories (I always, as without fail, tear up towards the end, and I'm not an emotional person). But hearing that is was a hit I may call in as I fold these mountains of laundry.

Pollyanna

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 1:22 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
I think because you said neighbor, we are literally picturing you discussing it on a park bench or balcony outside your house. It would have made a bit more sense if you called her your best closest friend instead of your neighbor.

True.

We have really meaningful conversations, a breath of fresh air. I'm very grateful that she lives around the corner of my house.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 2:41 pm
Even if you are super close, it is still an invasion of her husband's privacy and a breach of modesty. If it was reversed and a husband confided something similar about his wife, you'd be horrified.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 3:53 pm
The gist of her message was a summary of all the cliches I've ever heard at any tznius workshop or inspirational speech.
Her proof of her neighbor's husband was an explanation or specific example of those cliches.

Wait, so you're assuming that one poster is representative of the whole evening because they're from the same milieu, presumably?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 4:04 pm
Still inappropriate. No matter how friendly and close you are. That is the definition of TMI. You really don't need to know that about her husband. Would he want you to know that about him?

I agree. speaking of tznius, the poster is completely missing the point of what true tznius is 😂

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 7:04 pm
No, PF, what I'm saying is that I sat through many a tznius lecture on my day and have read many impassioned articles. They all boil down to the same thing, and I have no patience for them. Probably the only speech I ever heard that differed was 20+ years ago when my (male) BY high school principal spoke about tznius in actions I.e. not bragging or showing off. That was revolutionary to me and is something I keep with me as I go through life. But the rest pretty much always feature a dynamic charismatic speaker saying the same overused cliches & quoting the same overused stories. I'm long past the stage when a speaker who relies on charisma impresses me.
And that post was basically a rehash of every tznius speech I've ever heard.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 29 2019, 10:26 pm
Especially with the really young ones...Yemima Mizrachi has an important point. They post everything on status...don't hesitate to text quite personal stuff to friends...exactly where they go, what they do every moment...its really out of hand!!!

ShishKabob

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 10:48 am
Pollyanna wrote:
Will they have a recording on their line? I usually don't have that much time, though love the short personal stories (I always, as without fail, tear up towards the end, and I'm not an emotional person). But hearing that is was a hit I may call in as I fold these mountains of laundry.

I'm not sure, try calling them I think the phone is 845-425-9222
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries