Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Need quote in hebrew- TIA

ruby slippers

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 4:58 pm
My Aunt is having a "big" birthday and I want to buy her one of those Hadaya personlaized necklaces, They are having a one day sale today which I jusy founbd out about, her bday isnt until Aug. (she does not have children of her own, but treats us and my children like her children and grandchildren-in a good way) I need a quote and do not want to do something from aishes chayil, but I do want to say something about her grace, beauty, kind heart, good friend, always there when you need something and role model.... It does not have to be from Tanach etc. just something short and sweet and hebrew.

I found something in english...

"no beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart". I like it, but not love it. And I would need to translate it (then of course the silly part of me want sto add- 'Put on sunglasses when you look at me"- lol)

singleagain

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 5:03 pm
Did you check out hadaya's book? It has tons of quotes

Also they will be happy to help translate whatever you want. I got a quote from hitchhikers guide translated at the store.

ruby slippers

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 5:11 pm
singleagain wrote:
Did you check out hadaya's book? It has tons of quotes

Also they will be happy to help translate whatever you want. I got a quote from hitchhikers guide translated at the store.

I looked through it- nothing resonated, plus I want to stay away from pesukim - the whole bathroom issue......

greenfire

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 5:34 pm
what about a line from aishes chayil

ruby slippers

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 5:38 pm
Any suggestions how to end the following..
beauty, grace, and a good heart, true friend and very giving person,... something something, something.....

singleagain

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 5:50 pm
eema1 wrote:
Any suggestions how to end the following..
beauty, grace, and a good heart, true friend and very giving person,... something something, something.....

Maybe something about how proud/honored/happy you are to be related to her or to be part of her life.. or that she is part of your life

ruby slippers

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 6:34 pm
greenfire wrote:
what about a line from aishes chayil

Trying to avoid pesukim...too many opinions about taking it into the bathroom.
Thanks though
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics