Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Alpine tissues

tweety1

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 3:27 pm
Where can I buy one alpine tissues by the case?

Last edited by tweety1 on Wed, May 22 2019, 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

lucky14

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 3:59 pm
There are two types of viva- the cloth like ones and the ribbed ones. Did you possibly order the other type than what you're used to getting?

OutATowner

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 4:16 pm
I get my viva paper towels at Target. Bought them once when they were on sale and they were amazing. Maybe try there?

tweety1

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 5:02 pm
lucky14 wrote:
There are two types of viva- the cloth like ones and the ribbed ones. Did you possibly order the other type than what you're used to getting?

I had the ribbed ones it was horrendous.

tweety1

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 5:03 pm
OutATowner wrote:
I get my viva paper towels at Target. Bought them once when they were on sale and they were amazing. Maybe try there?

Tnx I'll try target.

tweety1

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 7:54 am
Tnx outatowner, I ordered the papertowel. Now I just need the alpine tissues

too tired

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 8:23 am
Make sure its the alpine you like , there are 2 alpines, the old one and new one are very different

tweety1

Post Wed, May 22 2019, 9:05 am
too tired wrote:
Make sure its the alpine you like , there are 2 alpines, the old one and new one are very different

Tnx for bringing it to my attention. I didn't know.

whewpy

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 8:56 pm
The old one was actually Aspen and it was great. Unfortunately, the factory had a fire few months ago and they're not available. Alpine is readily available in every grocery in boro park. Its not the same quality.

tweety1

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 9:39 pm
whewpy wrote:
The old one was actually Aspen and it was great. Unfortunately, the factory had a fire few months ago and they're not available. Alpine is readily available in every grocery in boro park. Its not the same quality.

I happen to like alpine so much more . It's much softer.

cbsp

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 11:28 pm
whewpy wrote:

Understatement of the century! It was a 10 alarm fire that was difficult to get under control. The place was burned to the ground.

We live near there, it's pretty sobering to see the remnants of the iconic Marcal paper company...

Last edited by cbsp on Fri, May 31 2019, 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

whewpy

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 4:05 am
Correct. It was a horrible fire. We smelled it to here in boro park. Its true, alpine is softer. However, depends what ur using it for. If ur dealing with a massive cold, I found it wasn't soft enough, I still needed the softer Kleenex. If u use it for toilet paper, its sort of too soft - doesn't flush well and sort of disintegrates in toilet bowl, need to flush several times. Otherwise its sort of ok....

amother
Gray

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 4:22 am
I just ask in my grocery store for a case... and for a discount on the case too..

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 4:35 am
We suffered a huge loss with the factory fire; so many people out of jobs. Sad
I miss Aspen tissues and Marcal napkins. The quality is just different with other brands.
If you're looking for facial tissues (the way I used Aspen) Laurel tissues are closer than the others.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 4:48 am
Never heard of this. In what neighborhood was this factory located?
ETA: Never mind, I found a news article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/a.....45002

Chickpea

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 5:00 am
ra_mom wrote:
We suffered a huge loss with the factory fire; so many people out of jobs. Sad
I miss Aspen tissues and Marcal napkins. The quality is just different with other brands.
If you're looking for facial tissues (the way I used Aspen) Laurel tissues are closer than the others.

I also miss Aspen tissues. I wanted to buy them yesterday. Gone! Ra_mom, where did you buy Laurel tissues?

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 5:13 am
Chickpea wrote:
I also miss Aspen tissues. I wanted to buy them yesterday. Gone! Ra_mom, where did you buy Laurel tissues?

At Paperific.

Chickpea

Post Fri, May 31 2019, 5:43 am
ra_mom wrote:
At Paperific.

Ty!

Yoyo613

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 12:48 pm
There was once "sofitele". It was a good price and continuos. I dont like to go digging for the next sheet. I think it was a "not too bad" texture for bathroom. I dont know if sofitele still exists.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics