Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
How do I figure out the right foundation for my skin?

Amalia

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 3:10 pm
Can someone help me figure out how to find the right foundation (and all related products) for my skin? I am in Passaic/Clifton area. All ideas/suggestions/referrals appreciated. Thank you so much!

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 3:12 pm
I vote go into the store. I've had decent experience in Nordstrom, Ulta, Bare Mineral (my favorite brand for natural looking makeup). I go, try on the makeup in the store, wait a day to see if I'm sold on the color and then go back and buy it (or you can try it on and buy the makeup in the store , but wait to open the makeup until you're sure you love the color- this way you can return if need be).

Raisin

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 3:23 pm
Go to a department store and ask them to help you find a good shade. I use either Laura Mercier or Bobbi Brown and am happy with both of them.

Bare minerals is great but makes me break out for some odd reason. Laura mercier also has a mineral make up foundation which I use for daytimes.

Amalia

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 4:06 pm
Thank you, allthingsblue and Raisin!

More ideas welcome and appreciated, including local referrals. If a make-up artist can come to my house, that would be even better, since it’s hard for me to get out.

Amalia

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:32 pm
Bump

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:35 pm
Remember to let it oxidize before checking the color match. Findation.com is good for finding your shade in new products once you know your shade in at least one line.

Surrendered

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 5:57 pm
Put foundation on the back of your hand, if it blends in with your natural color of the hand, Then you know it's a good color.

Amalia

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 4:09 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics