Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos derech yisroel, monsey

thankuhashem

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 7:32 am
Hi can anyone tell me more about this school?
Only if u know 1st hand, not rumors u heard...

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 7:38 am
There are afew threads on this. Do a search.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:09 am
Thanx but the threads I found are more then a year old. Things could've changed since...

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 8:29 am
Nothing much has changed. I would give info but then a whole fight will start and the thread will end up full of lashon hora.
I suggest if you want info, call around people privately instead of asking on a public forum.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 6:51 pm
I send there
I believe it changed and is still changing
Currently it’s More mainstream chasiddish than it used to be
As its establishing itself more as a solid school, its harder to get in than it used to be
A lot of families that didn’t conform to mainstream chasiddish style were asked to find a different school
The only significant difference I see in bdy vs other chasiddish schools in Monsey is that they allow mothers to drive. Although a lot of moms don’t drive. They allow parents to have smart phones. They are not so rigid regarding parents appearance. But no nail polish, slits, etc
Otherwise its a great school
Positive environment
Basically Same education level as most other schools
Although they do take regents

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 6:57 pm
How about you say what are the characteristics that your school needs to have and what are the absolute no no, than you could have current parents answer to your fact question.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 7:05 pm
I agree with sapphire depends what you are looking for in a school.
I have first hand experience but be specific, what are your questions and concerns?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 7:29 pm
Afew of my siblings send their girls to this wonderful school and are very satisfied. When I have a girl iyh, I'd wanna send there as well.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 7:33 pm
I suggest you do not ask on imamother but from people you know in person.

There is a poster on imamother who has a personal agenda against the school and tries to bash the school, the parent body, the girls as a means of revenge. That is why all the threads on this school go sour or get locked.

She will pipe up soon, just a matter of time. (Sometimes she's a neighbor, sometimes she's a Baalas Teshuva, etc)

I have a family member teaching in this school and in a few other schools in Monsey.
She loves this school more than the others. It's a very warm environment, they care very much about the girls. She is very impressed. If you need more personal info I'll post an email address, although I don't check my messages often so let me know if you reached out. I will definitely keep an eye on this thread. I have a neighbor in the oldest grade. She's a darling, wonderful girl with sterling middos. I am so impressed with her. I know it's more the home than the school, but I do think the school matters too.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 10:33 pm
I really want to send here, but am scared because people talk about it in a certain way. But all the people I know who send there are wonderful and authentic and solid and erlich. I don't know why people classify it in a certain way when the reality I see is different.
That why I like that OP said only those with first hand info should respond. I really want to hear because I am seriously considering trying to get in there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics