Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Know anyone commuting from Connecticut to NYC this July?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 5:50 pm
My husband took a job in a camp in Connecticut this July. I am supposed to be taking Amtrak to Manhattan to work a few times over the month, but I'm very nervous about it, especially the way in, because the station is not near the camp, and if I miss my train, I'll be stuck.

Do you know anyone who drives in to the city who might be able to give me a ride? I'm staying near Durham, I can't drive up to Waterbury, but maybe could meet someone near a highway or gas station. I really only need two rides, one the second week and one the fourth week in July, one day either Tue/Wed/Thur, I have a ride for Mondays. I'd be willing to pay what it would cost be to take Amtrak. Of course, I would love a ride back, as well, but that isn't as important, I can easily get to Amtrak from my office.

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 12:26 pm
First off, why are you so nervous about missing your train? I take Amtrak and inter-city frequently, and as long as you leave plenty of time, you'll be fine. Remember that the roads around those parts of CT are not Brooklyn. They are not filled with traffic and gridlock and pedestrians crossing against the light that will hold you up

Second, when it gets closer-- I doubt anyone is going to commit now to give you a ride in July..... you can post on all the various waterbury groups. I know that there are a few whats app groups, plus an email list serve... when it gets closer, people will be able to help you.

Instead of offering to meet someone at a gas station or something, you might have better luck if you offer to meet someone at their house-- take an uber there if you need to. As someone giving a ride, I'd feel that would be easier for me.

you can PM me for more info.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics