Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Pro-Vax Event in Monsey Last Night

EM

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:28 am
I didn't organize this event at all, but couldn't believe the TERRIBLE attendance last night. It was actually pretty embarrassing. Just really curious why ppl who are so passionate about anti-vaxxers and so upset about the measles outbreak in Rockland, wouldn't show up to a night dedicated to supporting the pro-vax community and showing ppl that frum Jews DO vaccinate??

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 10:41 am
Simple. It was an event geared to education about vaccines. I already know why I should vaccinate. I dont need to arrange tme in my very busy schedule to hear a seminar about things I already know, and to hear why I should do things that I already do.

If it wouuldve been advertised as a rally or a protest to show how many pro-vaxers there really are, maybe that wouldve been a different story.

But the only people who shouldve attended that event are people who dont vaccinate. And good luck with that.

EM

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:00 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Simple. It was an event geared to education about vaccines. I already know why I should vaccinate. I dont need to arrange tme in my very busy schedule to hear a seminar about things I already know, and to hear why I should do things that I already do.

If it wouuldve been advertised as a rally or a protest to show how many pro-vaxers there really are, maybe that wouldve been a different story.

But the only people who shouldve attended that event are people who dont vaccinate. And good luck with that.

Don't worry, they were there loud and proud to protest. I guess the timing and the venue advertised did seem to me like a 'rally'. I hear what you're saying though Smile

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:05 am
The flyer I saw said

"An evening of vaccination education for women. You have questions, we have answers"
Then a list of whos speaking, and a question answer session.

So I guess they were targetting antivaxers. Provaxers already know all this stuff.

If they want to organize a provax demonstration to show how many orthodox Jews do vax, I'll gladly attend.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:15 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
The flyer I saw said

"An evening of vaccination education for women. You have questions, we have answers"
Then a list of whos speaking, and a question answer session.

So I guess they were targetting antivaxers. Provaxers already know all this stuff.

If they want to organize a provax demonstration to show how many orthodox Jews do vax, I'll gladly attend

This.
Also, the anti vaxer even bombarded us with calls and ads, this was pretty quiet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics