Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Delete

smileforamile

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 1:32 am
Delete

Last edited by smileforamile on Sun, Jul 07 2019, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 6:31 am
Java, Python, R, C++.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 9:35 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Sun, Apr 03 2022, 1:26 am; edited 2 times in total

hodeez

Post Sun, Jun 02 2019, 9:36 am
Python and JavaScript are super in demand

ggdm

Post Mon, Jun 03 2019, 5:51 pm
Java, JavaScript, Python, C++, PHP.

The different languages are used for different things. Web applications are in PHP or JavaScript. Or a combination like backend in Java, frontend in JavaScript. Hardware-near things are often in C. Lightweight scripts may be Python. Apps for iOS are in Swift. Some software is in a language because it was started in that way decades ago, e.g. in a bank they may write Cobol which is otherwise dead. Some companies like to try new stuff and look for people who know a fancy cool language that nobody really uses besides them.

Does your husband have a preference what he wants to do? Then it is probably limited to a few languages to decide. If not, I'd suggest Python as an easy language to learn programming. And then maybe Java to learn object-oriented programming. Inside a paradigm, it is not too hard to learn a new language if you have understood the concepts.

Also Job offers are often a list of everything that may be useful and not a list of absolute requirements. I'd apply if I know only half of the languages but thought it was a good fit otherwise (but I'm not in the US).

e1234

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 2:08 am
also keep in mind once you know one language well it's much easier to pick up other languages from my experience

smileforamile

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 7:29 pm
Delete
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics