Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Here's what to say to anti-vaxxers!

itsmeima

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:30 pm

DVOM

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:39 pm
Love it!

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:59 pm
itsmeima wrote:

Let's talk about anything except for science. Emotions is a lot simpler to discuss
Sure thanks. That was very persuasive and I made an appointment for shots

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:09 pm
But science doesn’t prove anything! My second cousins dog has allergies now and he’s going to get the vaccines tomorrow so it must be what caused it.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:27 pm
By now, this is what I say to antivaxxers:

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:23 am
flowerpower wrote:
But science doesn’t prove anything! My second cousins dog has allergies now and he’s going to get the vaccines tomorrow so it must be what caused it.

Thumbs Up

Uhu. And my cats neighbors cousin is going to get eczema from vaccines.

soap suds

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:43 am
This is great! I just wish they wouldn't have portrayed the anti-vaxxers the way they did. I'm afraid it'll be a turnoff for those who are in that camp who may have been inclined to listen. I know I wouldn't want to hear advice from someone who's mocking me.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 4:40 pm
Obviously this video is just preaching to the choir. As the above poster said mocking people won't change anything, except create more division, more anger. Just what this country needs today! It won't be vaccine preventable illnesses which destroy the frum community, but internal strife caused by people trying to use force to coerce others.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:14 am
Did not want to start a new thread, but am.bumping this up because it is important we talk about it since the data is not available and may not be if people choose to keep it private.

Due to the measles, in NY, there is one woman who became blind (but may have been partially or fully helped by surgery but her family is not responding when I ask how she is) and a 10 month old previously healthy child from Monsey Rolling Eyes who is now permanently brain damaged.

If you've heard of anything else, please post here so people can be made aware of the fact that severe complications to measles do happen.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:18 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Did not want to start a new thread, but am.bumping this up because it is important we talk about it since the data is not available and may not be if people choose to keep it private.

Due to the measles, in NY, there is one woman who became blind (but may have been partially or fully helped by surgery but her family is not responding when I ask how she is) and a 10 month old previously healthy child from Monsey Rolling Eyes who is now permanently brain damaged.

If you've heard of anything else, please post here so people can be made aware of the fact that severe complications to measles do happen.

That's not even counting the number of people who *would* be dead if it weren't for hospitals and life support. If the number of measles cases gets too large, lots more people will start dying because the hospitals won't be able to accommodate them all.

It also doesn't count the SSPE patients in another few years....

mirror

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 1:17 pm
Some just don't care about the truth.

smss

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 3:58 pm
I think this is an important read:
https://www.swistle.com/2019/1.....time/

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 4:27 pm
Most of my discussions about vaccines are on this website. I do have a few friends who don't vaccinate but they don't usually discuss it with me.
The video is good for these website discussions but unless I would have to try and persuade someone to vaccinate, I most likely wouldn't get into the discussion.
If there was a danger of disease transmission, however, I would have to say that I don't want to have the possibly sick and contagious person to come near anyone who could be harmed by it.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 4:44 pm
Tongue Out Tongue Out this is what I say: mah mah mah pah pah pah

No. I don’t. Cuz I don’t waste my time arguing with people that will not respect my kid in chemo
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics