Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Infection...Boil filled with pus. Need Dr
Previous  1  2

momsrus

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:06 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Why is everyone scaring OP to run to the ER? If you don't have fever, no need to run right now. MRSA is treated at home with regular antibiotics. But this needs to be taken care of. You can go to a local urgent care now if you're anxious.

I agree. We have dealt with Mrsa a few times. Never in the er. Your regular pediatrician should be able to handle it.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:14 am
If you want to take the middle road, go to a walk in urgent care clinic, and get evaluated. They can tell you whether you need at home treatment, or to go straight to the ER.

Deep infections can turn really bad within 24 hours, so I wouldn't wait.

If you want to gently get the draining process going, a hot wet washcloth held on the spot can help ease the pain and draw the pus towards the surface.

dvoras

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:37 am
FYI, most people on this thread are clueless. MRSA on the head is different then MRSA on a different part of the body. MRSA on the head is considered life threatening and one must be on triple antibiotic therapy via IV line, in the hospital, and many times they keep people for a week of monitoring.

Although this scenario is most likely a sebaceous cyst, or ganglion cyst on the head, its nevertheless extremely important for your to be seen by a doctor in an urgent fashion.
Beware MRSA Can come with no symptoms at all.
Best hospital for treatment in NYC, for MRSA, is Columbia they have the best team for this, and they are the leaders in research in this area.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:44 am
dvoras wrote:
FYI, most people on this thread are clueless. MRSA on the head is different then MRSA on a different part of the body. MRSA on the head is considered life threatening and one must be on triple antibiotic therapy via IV line, in the hospital, and many times they keep people for a week of monitoring.

I think that most people are unaware that MRSA can eat right through bone. Once it reaches the brain, the odds are dismal at best.

dankbar

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:49 am
sorry my post was changed & they don't let me edit it. All I wanted to say is that my baby's knee was filled with pus nothing else. Seems like I didn't use the right word which I had no idea that it can have a bad connotation or mean something else. Sorry

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:04 am
dvoras wrote:

Although this scenario is most likely a sebaceous cyst, or ganglion cyst on the head, its nevertheless extremely important for your to be seen by a doctor in an urgent fashion.
Beware MRSA Can come with no symptoms at all.
Best hospital for treatment in NYC, for MRSA, is Columbia they have the best team for this, and they are the leaders in research in this area.

This is 100% correct. Years ago our then toddler had MRSA on her nose with no other symptoms, and the doctor said that due to the location, we must go to the hospital right away for IV antibiotics. Columbia's children's hospital was a godsend BH and identified the strain of antibiotics and Chasdei Hashem eradicated it completely.

ETA: Please don't go to Maimonides, as I know another little girl who was basically butchered for over 2 weeks there with such an infection, as they didn't know what they were doing.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:48 am
Dvoras, my brother had MRSA on his head countless times, it was always treated by his regular doctor with antibiotics at home. He never went to the ER. The only reason the go to the ER is if you're running a fever as well. MRSA on the head is just like anywhere else, it surely isn't life threatening.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:42 pm
Mammala120. Hope you are feeling good and you got some answers.
Refuah sheleima Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics