Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey Cheder similar to Imrei Binah
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:46 am
Hi- we planned on sending to Imrei Binah, but they don’t have all kitahs. What similar options are there out there? Tia

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:49 am
I would say Sanz would be the closest comparison but they also don't have all kita's. They're opening kita hei next year.
Vein probably comes in next.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:50 am
Bais Dovid

There are a lot others but this is the closest match.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:01 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Bais Dovid

There are a lot others but this is the closest match.

Do you mind listing the others please?

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:24 pm
Bais Dovid has alot of litvish students and is run like a litvish cheder. Imrei Binah is totally chassidish.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:32 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Bais Dovid has alot of litvish students and is run like a litvish cheder. Imrei Binah is totally chassidish.

I thought so. What other chederim are similar to imrei binah?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:37 pm
Imrei shefer

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 6:01 pm
I would not compare Imrei Shefer to Imrei Binah. The parent/student body is not to compare.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:08 pm
A lot of Bais Dovid
Parents are sending their younger ones there

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 7:30 pm
another vote for vien being similar to imrei binah

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:50 pm
I'm sorry for bursting your bubble but Imrei Bina has nothing to show off. What exactly is their strong point? By being snobby not accepting for a whole list of shtusim like Sanz. Could you name me anything in their limudei kodesh curriculum or anything specific in the limudei chol curriculum that you like? Could you tell me any program they have that you like? Please give me specific details

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:07 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I'm sorry for bursting your bubble but Imrei Bina has nothing to show off. What exactly is their strong point? By being snobby not accepting for a whole list of shtusim like Sanz. Could you name me anything in their limudei kodesh curriculum or anything specific in the limudei chol curriculum that you like? Could you tell me any program they have that you like? Please give me specific details

I don't send there but know two people who do. They love the parent body, really nice heimish not fancy crowd. They like the warmth of the rebbes and in general the atmosphere of the cheder is like a small warm place. Curriculum isn't everything, besides which the oldest kita is still pretty young so there isn't much to say yet about it.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:11 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:

I'm sorry because you sound like you're in a lot of pain.
Happens to be that the parents that send to Imrei Binah are very satisfied as far as the parents that I spoke to go.
I would say it's pretty mainstream except for the fact that they accept mothers that drive. Other than that I think they're pretty much the same like the others curriculum wise.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:13 am
There is no cheder similar so instead maybe tell us a little about your family so we can direct you. Are you Chassidish, if yes Yiddish or English speaking, Hungarian or not, do you exposed your kids to secular movies, do you drive, do you go with the flow, do you meant super frum etc..

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:44 am
Amother aquamarine, Imrei Bina and Sanz are both phenomenal cheders with the most warm Rabbiem. They are definitely on a higher caliber than many other chassidish cheders. Good, warm Rabbiem and staff are way more important than curriculum. And as long as there's room and you belong there, they will accept you.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:22 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
There is no cheder similar so instead maybe tell us a little about your family so we can direct you. Are you Chassidish, if yes Yiddish or English speaking, Hungarian or not, do you exposed your kids to secular movies, do you drive, do you go with the flow, do you meant super frum etc..

We're chassidish and Yiddish speaking.

We allow our kids to watch kiddie stuff, YouTube videos, etc. but not secular movies.

I currently don't drive, but I plan on getting my license for occasional driving, mostly out of Monsey.

We are both very independent thinkers, but we mostly go along with the flow of our surroundings. Within the four walls of our own home, we do things more aligned with our hashkafah, but we try to respect the rules of the community and mosed.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We allow our kids to watch kiddie stuff, YouTube videos, etc. but not secular movies.

I currently don't drive, but I plan on getting my license for occasional driving, mostly out of Monsey.

We are both very independent thinkers, but we mostly go along with the flow of our surroundings. Within the four walls of our own home, we do things more aligned with our hashkafah, but we try to respect the rules of the community and mosed.

No chassidish cheder except maybe Imrei Shefer will be ok with your kids watching anything on YouTube. The Intern plays are just barely tolerated.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Imrei Binah has a rule no dvds at all, even Jewish ones.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:28 am
OP, I really think you should consider Imrei Shefer. They are phenomenal.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:44 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
No chassidish cheder except maybe Imrei Shefer will be ok with your kids watching anything on YouTube. The Intern plays are just barely tolerated.

It’s supervised and we don’t have a tv at home. It’s on a laptop. I know of many families whose kids watch YouTube videos, even in the Satmar Cheder.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics