Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Recommendations for inspirational Shavuos shiur please!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:50 am
Been doing so much mundane preparations Shavuos... I need some ruchniyus prep! Please post links to your favorite Shavuos shiur (I checked on Torah anytime but I'm overwhelmed by all the choices.) Thank you!!

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Been doing so much mundane preparations Shavuos... I need some ruchniyus prep! Please post links to your favorite Shavuos shiur (I checked on Torah anytime but I'm overwhelmed by all the choices.) Thank you!!

I really like Rabbi Glatstein, but I haven't listened to this yet.

https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....84387

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:31 pm
If you go to TorahAnytime, listen to Rabbi Leff's last 2. You can listen to earlier ones too but these are relevant to Torah in our lives, and I haven't heard earlier ones.

I also just got an alert that Rebbetzin Esther Reisman has a new Shavuos shiur on TorahAnytime. I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend that one too, even though I haven't heard it yet. ETA: I just heard it. I have to say that her Binah column is the biggest thing I miss from Binah. (We had a gift subscription which we didn't renew. I should mention that I didn't let myself read the serials Smile ) Because I went into this shiur knowing that I could be mekabel anything she'd say, I was. Mekabel, that is. If someone listened to her shiur with no other exposure, I don't know if they would have the same feelings. I'd like to think so.

I'll post another great shiur in another post.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Thu, Jun 06 2019, 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:39 pm
Rabbi YY Jacobson has a few on the homepage of his site theyeshiva.net. I think I loved the one about cheesecake and not sleeping that he said last year!! It's on the homepage in the scrolling thing on top.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 6:43 am
I love this. I've listened to this several times. https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....79808 It's called The Endless Quest by Rabbi Shraga Kallus. It's 11 min. 29 seconds.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics