Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey Cheder similar to Imrei Binah
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 2:50 pm
OP, every cheder will frown upon your kids watching videos on you tube. Every mosad and cheder has a no internet rule and will request a signed certificate from tag. Even if you think the cheder won't find out, kids repeat everything.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 2:51 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
OP, I really think you should consider Imrei Shefer. They are phenomenal.

We like mostly everything we heard about imrei shefer’s curriculum and atmosphere, but we got a lot of mixed reviews, specifically on the parent/student body.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 2:53 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
OP, every cheder will frown upon your kids watching videos on you tube. Every mosad and cheder has a no internet rule and will request a signed certificate from tag. Even if you think the cheder won't find out, kids repeat everything.

I get it, but what I’m saying is that a lot of kids repeat these things from home. A lot of families I know watch YouTube kids videos in ultra chassidish cheders so I don’t see that as an issue.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 2:53 pm
OP, I also think you should consider Imrei shefer, but they also have a no internet rule. There are families in every cheder that break the rules. These people are usually dealt with and are not given an easy time. But you shouldn't look for a cheder having in mind that you will not follow the rules. You'll beg a cheder to accept you and the minute they see you're not following the rules, you'll be shown the door. Look for a school that's in par with your hashkafik ways.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 3:12 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
OP, I also think you should consider Imrei shefer, but they also have a no internet rule. There are families in every cheder that break the rules. These people are usually dealt with and are not given an easy time. But you shouldn't look for a cheder having in mind that you will not follow the rules. You'll beg a cheder to accept you and the minute they see you're not following the rules, you'll be shown the door. Look for a school that's in par with your hashkafik ways.

I hear you but a lot of families have internet even though the schools don’t allow it. We need it for business. It’s not like we’re gonna be one of those families who have internet. Many many families have and I think the chederim know it too.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 4:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hear you but a lot of families have internet even though the schools don’t allow it. We need it for business. It’s not like we’re gonna be one of those families who have internet. Many many families have and I think the chederim know it too.

Your using for business and allowing kids to use it is two different things maybe consider minkatch imrei bina really frum

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 4:58 pm
OP, even if you use it for business, you'll need a vaad haishur certificate. But you say you let your kids watch you tube videos, that's not business. You can't send to a cheder and break rules with the mindset that others also do it. You can't know how the cheder will react to this. Especially a new parent. You say "Its's not like we're not gonna be one of those families that have internet." Well my darling, that's exactly what you are. You're a family that has internet and the kids have access.
Are you moving out to Monsey now or are you switching your boys out of their current cheders?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:07 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
OP, even if you use it for business, you'll need a vaad haishur certificate. But you say you let your kids watch you tube videos, that's not business. You can't send to a cheder and break rules with the mindset that others also do it. You can't know how the cheder will react to this. Especially a new parent.
Are you moving out to Monsey now or are you switching your boys out of their current cheders?

We’re moving to Monsey. The Cheder my son is currently going to also had a no internet rule, but we never had any issues with that. My kids don’t watch on a daily basis, only every now and then.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:10 pm
Oh, if you're moving out now and expect any cheder to accept you, you gotta lose this mindset and attitude now! The schools are packed enough as is, no one is looking to stam accept people that are not ready to follow rules. You'll have to beg your way into a cheder and once in, you will be watched carefully. The monsey cheders are more strict than in Brooklyn and most kids do not have internet access and watch videos.
Maybe tell us what cheders your boys are in now and we can tell you what's the most similar?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:12 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Oh, if you're moving out now and expect any cheder to accept you, you gotta lose this mindset and attitude now! The schools are packed enough as is, no one is looking to stam accept people that are not ready to follow rules. You'll have to beg your way into a cheder and once in, you will be watched carefully. The monsey cheders are more strict than in Brooklyn and most kids do not have internet access and watch videos.
Maybe tell us what cheders your boys are in now and we can tell you what's the most similar?

Are you saying that in order to get accepted we’ll need to stop allowing our kids to watch YouTube videos?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:24 pm
Are you coming from bp or williamsburg? I dont know any chadsidish yeshivos that are ok with you tube. My boys are in a more “neutral” heimish type yeshiva and thry are definately not ok with it

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you saying that in order to get accepted we’ll need to stop allowing our kids to watch YouTube videos?

Yes. And if everything else aligns you can fit it in anywhere. Kids can not have access to internet and internet needs to be filtered. This is for any school probably in Monsey. It's better to have them watch Elmo videos you buy than to let them have access to you tube. Also any moisad generally accepts all their own so if a satmar family let's kids watch you tube videos than they may feel like they have no choice but to keep them.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:35 pm
Yes, your boys will nebach have to stop watching you tube videos. You said you heard mixed reviews on Imrei shefer parent body, why do you think you're better then them? Imrei shefer does not allow internet use or for boys to watch.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:43 pm
OP, I the schools that know you have internet for work are under the assumption that only you and your DH have access to the internet and they ask you which filter you have as well. YouTube should be blocked for your kids. They won't find it ok at all.

provent

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I can't imagine that there is any heimish cheider that is okay with that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:44 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Yes, your boys will nebach have to stop watching you tube videos. You said you heard mixed reviews on Imrei shefer parent body, why do you think you're better then them? Imrei shefer does not allow internet use or for boys to watch.

I don’t appreciate the tone of your post. I don’t honk I’m better than anyone else, I just don’t like what we heard about imrei shefer.

Our internet is filtered and my kids don’t necessarily have access to YouTube. I will play a video for them, from time to time.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:46 pm
OP, did you even apply yet? No one accepts so easily, it seems like you think that you can do as you please and your boys will get in to any cheder you apply.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:46 pm
Just curious- what did you hear about imrei shefer?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:47 pm
provent wrote:
I can't imagine that there is any heimish cheider that is okay with that.

I agree with you. I’m not saying that any Cheder is okay with it and someone here mentioned to rather buy Elmo or stuff like that, instead of YouTube and I like that idea.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:53 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
OP, did you even apply yet? No one accepts so easily, it seems like you think that you can do as you please and your boys will get in to any cheder you apply.

I don’t think that I can do as I please. I was asked a question and I answered honestly. To clarify, we respect the rules and try our best to abide to them. Our current mosed never had any issues with us. I’m aware that it’s really difficult to get accepted, but it’s not like when they’ll ask around they’ll hear anything bad. Whose who know that we have internet know that we have a filter and that it’s for business.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics