Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti Vax Rally in BP - HOW CAN WE STOP THIS??
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

itsmeima

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:42 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Dr. daniel Neides wasn't garbage as long as he was medical director of Cleveland clinic. only once he left and he opened his mouth is he garbage

Whatever happened to Dr. Daniel Neides, a year after he was forced to leave the Cleveland Clinic because of his antivaccine rant?

momsrus

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:45 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I didn't say it was renamed. I meant that there were crippled people then and there are crippled people now.

You sound extremely intelligent.

There were dead people then and dead people now.

itsmeima

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:49 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
since when is not vaccinating a chilul hashem? did you learn hilchos chilul hashem?
perhaps you should stop doing metzitza b'pe because the DOH opposes it. and then let everyone know that there is a large percentage of people listening to DOH in that regard to

(I am not talking about the events having been or not have been a chilul hashe. I am referring to the actual vaccinating)

When you have a minute, I think you'll find this article interesting! “Religion poisons everything.”

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:06 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Once they have contracted the diease they are no longer healthy
Non immune unhealthy children are at risk of spreading the diease

Unfortunately many children are considered "healthy" during the hours that they are coming down with, and spreading, an illness. People usually isolate kids once they are obviously sick but the damage is done early in the disease process. I think that you know that and can't deny that this is how things spread.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:20 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
so the question is, why are people so afraid to listen to the anti vaxxers. if they talk rubbish you will surely recognize it as such. what's the danger

I am not afraid to listen to drivel. I even sometimes do it for entertainment purposes.

I am however concerned that others could be misled by it.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:23 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
it wasn't important until we weren't kicked out of school and called rodfim

I don't think anyone has suggested using deadly force to stop you. In the event that one of you breaks quarantine I would send people in hasmat suits to warn people to keep their distance and use tranquilizer darts, not live ammo.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:17 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Definitely not be tolerant of people who infect infants.
Just for the record, healthy unvaccinated children don't infect anyone
See who infects vulnerable infants -
asymptomatic transmission is the most parsimonious explanation for many of the observations surrounding the resurgence of B. pertussisin the US and UK.

asymptomatic transmission can account for the observed increase in B. pertussis incidence; and 5) vaccinating individuals in close contact with infants too young to receive the vaccine (“cocooning” unvaccinated children) may be ineffective.

Med. 2015; 13: 146
Hope the link works
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....312/#

This is a nice theoretical thought but doesn't hold up in REALITY (which is where I live). Coming from personal experience.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:32 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
This is a nice theoretical thought but doesn't hold up in REALITY (which is where I live). Coming from personal experience.

All vaccines very in their rates of effectiveness and the length of time that they grant immunity. There could be some degree of asymptomatic transmission which is not stopped by cocooning but probably the majority of pertussis cases involve someone who is symptomatic spreading the disease.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:40 pm
imasoftov wrote:
I don't think anyone has suggested using deadly force to stop you. In the event that one of you breaks quarantine I would send people in hasmat suits to warn people to keep their distance and use tranquilizer darts, not live ammo.

Great idea since they already view themselves as victims. Maybe some will use it as an excuse to go OTD because of the "sinas chinam" of the pro-vaxers who have this silly superstition regarding fetuses and infants catching measles. Absolutely ridiculous that bubbies such as myself worry that they, who are in superior health from not vaccinating, could pose a threat chas v'sholem.

momsrus

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:41 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Great idea since they already view themselves as victims. Maybe some will use it as an excuse to go OTD because of the "sinas chinam" of the pro-vaxers who have this silly superstition regarding fetuses and infants catching measles. Absolutely ridiculous that bubbies such as myself worry that they, who are in superior health from not vaccinating, could pose a threat chas v'sholem.

The great rabbi handler said were the victims of the drug companies

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 1:16 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

The pertussis vaccine prevents you from getting the symptoms of pertussis but it doesn't prevent you from transmitting the disease. It protects only you, not the ones around you. So if you are vaccinated for pertussis and I am not, and we both come in contact with a person with pertussis, I might get sick and you won't. So I will stay home until I feel better. And you will continue parading around town as a carrier of pertussis and infect others who come in contact with you. Pretty dangerous if you go visit your friend and her newborn baby.

Watch or listen to Dr. Stanley Plotkin's nine hour deposition on vaccines. It's fascinating. He talks a lot about the pertussis vaccine. You might learn some things you don't know yet, from the mouth of the vaccine God himself.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 1:28 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
The pertussis vaccine prevents you from getting the symptoms of pertussis but it doesn't prevent you from transmitting the disease. It protects only you, not the ones around you. So if you are vaccinated for pertussis and I am not, and we both come in contact with a person with pertussis, I might get sick and you won't. So I will stay home until I feel better. And you will continue parading around town as a carrier of pertussis and infect others who come in contact with you. Pretty dangerous if you go visit your friend and her newborn baby.

Watch or listen to Dr. Stanley Plotkin's nine hour deposition on vaccines. It's fascinating. He talks a lot about the pertussis vaccine. You might learn some things you don't know yet, from the mouth of the vaccine God himself.

Which is why pregnant woman now get the vaccine to protect their babies.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 1:46 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Which is why pregnant woman now get the vaccine to protect their babies.

huh? did you read my post?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 1:56 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
huh? did you read my post?

Yes. I did see you write pretty dangerous if you go visit your friend with a newborn.

Which part did you not understand.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 2:58 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

This is not totally true. The vaccinated person who spreads pertussis is mildly ill rather than completely asymptomatic. They may think that it's just a cold but they are not walking around totally fine. I just looked it up on WebMD. The vaccine is not completely effective ( about 80%) and wears off in 3 to 5 years. I do agree that people who think that they have "just a cold" can pose a serious threat to a newborn.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 3:29 pm
southernbubby wrote:
There truly are some bad apples in the medical kingdom as well as In the alternative medicine kingdom. Sheisters exist in both groups.

nobody is forcing it onto you
where there is risk there must be choice

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 3:32 pm
southernbubby wrote:
So what would your solution be for people in the Philippines and Madagascar who are burying kids by the dozens due to measles? Would you say that it is better to die of measles at age 1 than to develop cancer and autoimmune disorders as an adult (assuming that there is actually a connection which is unproven)?
The people in those countries are lining up for hours to obtain vaccines which are their primary hope for surviving early childhood. Would you rather send them home?

I would rather help them develop cleaner living conditions

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 3:38 pm
southernbubby wrote:
This is not totally true. The vaccinated person who spreads pertussis is mildly ill rather than completely asymptomatic. They may think that it's just a cold but they are not walking around totally fine. I just looked it up on WebMD. The vaccine is not completely effective ( about 80%) and wears off in 3 to 5 years. I do agree that people who think that they have "just a cold" can pose a serious threat to a newborn.

WebMD versus a biomed central study

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 3:41 pm
I am so curious how many of you took the time to watch Dr. Plotkin's nine hour deposition to get educated.
he isn't an anti vaxxer. not even pro choice. only the Godfather of vaccines
and your doctor does not know better than him. ask your doctor and see what he says
so why not take the nine hours time to do it for your kids?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....ad=10

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 9:33 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
what makes an organization real or made up?

I thought a while about this, I suppose that an organization could be real even if it's just a single person, and even if it has no legal presence (such as being a registered nonprofit organization), someone running a gemach by themselves would be entitled to call it an organization, but the name (United Jewish Community Council according to this article) does seem intended to mislead if its activities are restricted to anti-vax events.

Even "United Jewish Anti-Vaccination Council" might be spurious. Was it created by merging multiple groups? Who are the members of this council, how were they appointed to it, how often does it meet, what does it discuss when it does?
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics