Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What is the best custom sheitel money can buy?

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jun 04 2019, 11:18 pm
Asking for a friend who isn't on this site.
Where in NY or NJ with a $5000-ish budget can one get the absolute top of the line?

applesbananas

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:12 am
Dini is the obvious answer in terms of custom because shell tweak the cap to perfection. Other high end options- B.K, ruchi amit, yafi kaminer, ita fisher..

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 2:44 pm
applesbananas wrote:
Dini is the obvious answer in terms of custom because shell tweak the cap to perfection. Other high end options- B.K, ruchi amit, yafi kaminer, ita fisher..

Thank you. Do you have a contact # for Dini?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 3:24 pm
Dini wigs are heavy on the hair and can overwhelm your look.
It really depends what your friend would like.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 4:46 pm
Dini
Zisi
BK

aliavi

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:10 pm
I’m blonde. For a Dini 20 inch Shabbos sheitel replacement I was told $6700 🤢

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:13 pm
What about Yael? Her work is magnificent.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:16 pm
aliavi wrote:
I’m blonde. For a Dini 20 inch Shabbos sheitel replacement I was told $6700 🤢

Wow that is crazy!!!

aliavi

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:21 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Wow that is crazy!!!

A woman wrote it on a paper for me otherwise I would have thought I was mistaken. This was recently too.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Dini wigs are heavy on the hair and can overwhelm your look.
It really depends what your friend would like.

That might not work then. Her own hair is on the thinner side and she really wants this to look... like her.

What's recommended for a lighter look?

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:25 pm
Please, please give me any contact info for all these recommendations... a location or phone or even just a website? Please!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:29 pm
https://diniwigs.com/

If you go to Dini in Brooklyn or Monsey, they will work with you regarding the thickness.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:31 pm
BK wigs are gorgeous.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:41 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
That might not work then. Her own hair is on the thinner side and she really wants this to look... like her.

What's recommended for a lighter look?

Zelda wigs for sure. Wish I could afford one for a light look. 718-221-1468. 333 Albany Ave in Crown Heights. She should check out Instagram pages. @zeldahair

chavipanda

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 8:49 pm
Claire Accuhair. She is the rare sheitel macher who does the work by hand in New York.
Her wigs are gorgeous. I have had my custom kallah sheitel for 3 years and it looks new. I brush it and that's it for styling.
The hair is also very thick.
I've looked at a lot of sheitels (and I own a Gali fall) - and nothing compares to a Claire.

Plus, Claire herself is amazing. She and her family are wonderful and kind. And she learned wigmaking in a DP camp in Europe.

Rappel

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 4:05 pm
chavipanda wrote:
Claire Accuhair. She is the rare sheitel macher who does the work by hand in New York.
Her wigs are gorgeous. I have had my custom kallah sheitel for 3 years and it looks new. I brush it and that's it for styling.
The hair is also very thick.
I've looked at a lot of sheitels (and I own a Gali fall) - and nothing compares to a Claire.

Plus, Claire herself is amazing. She and her family are wonderful and kind. And she learned wigmaking in a DP camp in Europe.

My sister sold her hair to Claire. She thought she was a lovely person.

Leleh

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:44 pm
I'm surprised NO ONE mentioned Noa Wigs. She does amazing work with blondes and is not heavy on the hair. She is located in Brooklyn.
In a very wealthy neighborhood in NY, I am told that majority of the women get their wigs from Noa.

Mide7

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 1:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Zelda wigs for sure. Wish I could afford one for a light look. 718-221-1468. 333 Albany Ave in Crown Heights. She should check out Instagram pages. @zeldahair

I am very unhappy with my Zelda. I recommend Dini in Monsey, who will make it light if that is how you want it and not dense. Or I also like Yafi Kaminer, where they have sheitel machers in NY that sell their brand from Israel.

Mide7

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 1:33 pm
Leleh wrote:
I'm surprised NO ONE mentioned Noa Wigs. She does amazing work with blondes and is not heavy on the hair. She is located in Brooklyn.
In a very wealthy neighborhood in NY, I am told that majority of the women get their wigs from Noa.

Noa was very popular even a few years ago but now Dini is definitely the most popular along with the Israeli wig lines.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels