Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
A message to all Pro Vaxxers

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 4:55 pm

Einikel

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 4:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Nothing to show?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 4:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Looks like the video contracted a fatal virus.

Einikel

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:00 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Looks like the video came down with a fatal virus.

Must’ve joined a measles party

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:01 pm
Einikel wrote:
Must’ve joined a measles party

LOL LOL & underestimated the possible consequences of it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 5:58 pm

nchr

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:24 pm
I don't even understand the goal of this video. If we are vaccinated we'll be protected from the diseases prevented through vaccination but if we are living in sub par hygenic conditions, we may be more likely to suffer from illnesses such as typhoid (for which there is a vaccine) or cholera. TB would probably not become a greater issue, unless we go to Africa, but mosquitos born illnesses would be very serious as we would have cisterns with water and would attract mosquitos. We still won't get measles, tetanus, mumps, etc. because we'd be vaccinated against the diseases. We support all of our beneficial advances. Proper hygiene does not prevent measles or chicken pox. Better hygiene actually creates a serious polio issue because instead of children being exposed to polio in infancy when they are almost always asymptomatic, they began to be exposed at older ages when a percentage of individuals experienced the severe symptoms we know of today. Our knowledge and advances in medicine have taught us that diseases like yellow fever come from mosquitos so we learned how to get rid of them; that plague could be contained but measles not as humans are the carriers so we created a vaccine for that; etc. I also cannot force you to do anything and do not care about your personal choices, but I will call out misinformation and do believe you should be held accountable if you behave negligently and it negatively impacts someone else even your own child ch'v (I.e. know you are infected with a disease and go to a park where an infant is exposed who becomes blind, etc.) but that applies to everything not just vaccine preventable illnesses and all people not just those who do not vaccinate.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:28 pm
There are no "Pro Vaxxers", there are anti-vaxxers and normal people.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 7:38 pm
This is an incredibly inane video. No pro-vax person has ever said that vaccines are the *only* advancement that saves lives.

Improved sanitation saves lives. (In general; nchr's points about polio are well taken.)
Improved nutrition saves lives.
Antibiotics save lives.
Surgery saves lives.
Insulin saves lives. So do many other medicines.
Vaccines save lives.

All these play important roles in increasing the quality and length of our lives. We live in blessed times. It seems to me wrong to throw the gifts that God has given us back in His face. Not that I'm perfect in this regard; far from it. But I try.

turca

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:16 pm
You see, if all the antivaxx would waste their energy on going to medical school, doing internships, passing the boards, getting into a research center...but no!
They focus on blah blah blah blah....

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:27 pm
turca wrote:
You see, if all the antivaxx would waste their energy on going to medical school, doing internships, passing the boards, getting into a research center...but no!
They focus on blah blah blah blah....

They absolutely love their propaganda.

turca

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:33 pm
southernbubby wrote:
They absolutely love their propaganda.

Right!
These are the type of people that North Korea would love to have!

giselle

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:53 pm
This is one of the most unintelligent things I’ve ever seen. Two minutes of my life that I will never get back.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:55 pm
giselle wrote:
This is one of the most unintelligent things I’ve ever seen. Two minutes of my life that I will never get back.

I'm sure the people who made it thought it was brilliant.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:01 pm
giselle wrote:

I'll let you in on a little secret; I didn't bother to watch the video.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 5:29 am
How does the graph look for this year?

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 8:20 am
If you would have asked me a year ago if I was a pro-vaxer, I would have probably said that I follow the guidelines but would not have thought that it was a problem if others didn't.
In my mind, if I ever really even thought about it, they were only risking their own kids.

Now I see a group of Crown Heights women who, due to pregnancy or they have infants, have to avoid shul this YomTov. How sad

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 8:34 am
Lol. That was moronic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics