Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
When they are being too funny for you to get upset
Previous  1  2  3

soap suds

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:39 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
My 4 year old is still up and complaining that he's too tired to even lay in his bed. Anyone want to come help him while I finish rotfl?

My DD used to yell out of bed that she's too tired to sleep.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:45 pm
soap suds wrote:
My DD used to yell out of bed that she's too tired to sleep.

oy Rolling Laughter

Boca00

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:45 pm
My kids know they can only have water in bed, but my oldest kid was relentlessly begging for apple juice. I left the room, after reminding him about our rule.

He kept calling me, so I went to check up on him. He fell silent when I came, but his little brother informed me, "Ari said if you don't give him apple juice then 'ata hara' (you (m) bad)."

I was too busy laughing to be upset.

keym

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:48 pm
I was baking cookies for yom tov. My two year old was begging for one and I kept saying no. He took one off the cookie sheet, licked it, then said "now is germs".

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:10 pm
(I've posted this here before).

We were constantly having a problem with setting off the alarm when leaving a store as if we were shoplifters. Eventually realized it happened whenever I used a specific pocketbook, figuring there must be one of those store tags hidden in the lining or something.
My kids understood this because they needed an explanation as to why we were always setting off the alarm, which was unnerving to them.
I mostly stopped using that pocketbook, but once I did anyway.

We went to Burlington, and lo and behold, as we left the store, the alarm did NOT go off.

Then my son said in his booming loud voice in front of the checkout staff, "Why didn't the alarm ring since there's something in your pocketbook!??!" I looked up, ashen-faced, to see a row of cashiers glaring at me. YIKES!

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:23 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
(I've posted this here before).

We were constantly having a problem with setting off the alarm when leaving a store as if we were shoplifters. Eventually realized it happened whenever I used a specific pocketbook, figuring there must be one of those store tags hidden in the lining or something.
My kids understood this because they needed an explanation as to why we were always setting off the alarm, which was unnerving to them.
I mostly stopped using that pocketbook, but once I did anyway.

We went to Burlington, and lo and behold, as we left the store, the alarm did NOT go off.

Then my son said in his booming loud voice in front of the checkout staff, "Why didn't the alarm ring since there's something in your pocketbook!??!" I looked up, ashen-faced, to see a row of cashiers glaring at me. YIKES!

OMG. This takes the cake! Did you ever figure out what it was?

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:29 pm
Boca00 wrote:
So cute. My 3 year old has a right foot and a wrong foot.

On this note, my 4 yo decided she only has two right hands. And two right feet. No left ones.
There is her "right hand" and the "other right hand".

Ever heard of yiddish the expression "tzvei rechta hent"? Well, she is super geshikt. So there.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:36 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Like, with her panties on?

I'd take her inside after she does that, and take a L O N G time to clean her up, much longer than a bathroom break. Eventually, when she realizes that it takes longer to go outside than inside, she'll stop.

Oh we've tried.... we've tried it all.
Sometimes there are things you gotta ignore. She's one of the kids....
At the ripe old age of FOUR years, I don't change dirtied clothing.....
She gets to change herslef and put it into the washing machine. Problem is, she finds things to do in the bathroom, like sing in front of the mirror, flush a pk of tissues or clog the toilet with other stuff. Run the shower with everyones towels in the tub.... anf of course the first thing she does is lock the door. Mwahahaha.

Meanwhile the other kids are upset becuase we had to take 5 minute walk home and she's taking forever. And soon there isn't enough time to go back. And they are too young to let them go alone....

If you have better ideas you are welcome to come and try to parent her.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:34 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
OMG. This takes the cake! Did you ever figure out what it was?

No! Hahaha.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:50 pm
DD threw up in the car so I washed the car seat padding, I guess it wasn’t 100% dry when I put it back on. The next time I drove her the seat was still a little damp and she said to me “Mommy! My underwear is wet! I need to go make in a toilet right away!!”
Poor kid, I felt so bad

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:04 am
My daughter was barely 2 and very stubborn and independent. She would not let me dress her. I put all the clothes on her bed and told her to get dressed. She didn't. I told her I was going to give her 2 minutes and then come back in the room and she better have her underpants on or I was going to dress her. I come back, the underwear is on her head, and she yells TA-DA!!! I wear my underpants!

I can tell you, a dozen years later, she is still a handful.

Beingreal

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:18 am
My 5 year old ds has this habit that he puts his shirt and pants on backwards and inside out! Looks funny, but he refuses to let me change it! I have to write notes to the teacher it was not me that got him dressed...m

seeker

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:54 am
Just now: slow morning. I aim to get kid moving by saying I'll race her to be ready and I think I'll win. A few minutes later she says she needs help buttoning her shirt. As I'm doing it she says "slowed ya down!"

And this one is seriously embarrassing... As a teacher one really needs to modulate when you do humor and when you buckle down... But there's this one kid who does an absolutely hysterical Trump impression that gets me every time. Every. Time. Can't Believe It No matter how inappropriate the timing is. After the first few times I learned not to laugh but I still get a twitch in my face. Fortunately he's smart enough to know when to stop. I wonder if he could do other impressions, he could totally have a career ahead of him.

PS what happened to my embarrassed emoji?

yerushamama

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:13 am
When DS was 3, he had a habit of opening the fridge, and leaving it open, so we put a child lock on the fridge. At first it worked great, until one day he handed it to me and said "I'm done with the fridge, Mommy, you can put it back! Can't Believe It

Moonlight

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 1:28 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
My children have been listening to The Magic Tree House stories. I figured the Pirate one would be ok for little boys. It was- until a few days later when I told my son to go up to his room. His response: "aye aye cap'n!", as he marched up the stairs.

So frustrating but SO funny!!

Anon cuz I've told this story to so many ppl IRL.

How do they listen to them? I would like to do this for my kids

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 8:33 pm
My daughter DOES NOT SLEEP. Ever. I don't know how she functions.

Basically, my night is desperately trying to get her to sleep. I get more and more frustrated as the hours pass, and like clockwork, there's a certain threshold where she senses that I'm about to snap. And on cue:

"Mommy, I'm so very proud of you for helping me sleep. *KISS*". She's three.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers