Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Funnest splurge for YT

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:51 pm
I dyed and permed my eyelashes! I always hate when my mascara comes off on these three day YTs and so I decided to do this and I love it!!
Highly reccomend for anyone that has light eyelashes or long ones that aren't curled well. (
not great for people with short ones or ones that are already dark and curled).
It totally looks like mascara but better. So fun!
Only drawback is time (takes like an hour) and money (cost like 100$)

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 10:52 pm
How long does it last? Does it hurt?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:03 pm
pesek zman wrote:
How long does it last? Does it hurt?

no pain. kinda relaxing. lasts 6-8 weeks
called lash lift n tint

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
no pain. kinda relaxing. lasts 6-8 weeks
called lash lift n tint

How does it work when you go to the mikvah?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:14 pm
pesek zman wrote:
How does it work when you go to the mikvah?

its totally fine, there is nothing extra on you, it is like hair dye.

They do have an option for semi-permanent mascara as well, but the lady said most people don't do that cuz people don't want sticky stuff stuck on them for 6 weeks. The mascara would be a prob for mikva, but the dye is fine.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:17 pm
only thing to keep in mind is that you can't get them wet for 24 hours after doing it, so plan accordingly

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 11:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
its totally fine, there is nothing extra on you, it is like hair dye.

They do have an option for semi-permanent mascara as well, but the lady said most people don't do that cuz people don't want sticky stuff stuck on them for 6 weeks. The mascara would be a prob for mikva, but the dye is fine.

Thankfully I’m not up to hair dye yet! Good to know this exists!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 12:10 am
How about lash extensions??? adding long curled lashes?? does anyone have experience with that?

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 2:32 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
How about lash extensions??? adding long curled lashes?? does anyone have experience with that?

Yes. Did you have any specific questions? They are beautiful and amazing. And take forever, are expensive and don’t last long. You can’t use an eye mask when wearing them and you can’t be a side sleeper very easily. I didn’t need any other eye or face makeup with them.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 8:52 am
Eyebrow stencils with long lasting Shabbos powder.

I have thinning eyebrows that are going gray. Dyeing them only helps the existing brows, but doesn't fill them in.

The stencil is GENIUS! Perfectly arched and symmetrical every time, and they only cost 3 shekels at the beauty store.

Having good brows makes me look more rested, alert, younger, and pulled together. I'm not big on full face makeup, but these really do make a difference.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 12:46 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

Yup! Takes ages! Soooooo much fun, though.
You cant wear mascara with them, and you have to be pretty careful with them if you want them to last a while.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 9:25 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Eyebrow stencils with long lasting Shabbos powder.

I have thinning eyebrows that are going gray. Dyeing them only helps the existing brows, but doesn't fill them in.

The stencil is GENIUS! Perfectly arched and symmetrical every time, and they only cost 3 shekels at the beauty store.

Having good brows makes me look more rested, alert, younger, and pulled together. I'm not big on full face makeup, but these really do make a difference.

What brand of eyebrow color do you use? I've tried many kinds and while they more or less stay on, I find they smear easily.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 10:02 pm
Where can I get the eyelash lift/perm in brooklyn?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics