Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do CDC scientists ever admit that test results are flawed?
Previous  1  2

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 11:18 am
mig, you said you'd keep off vaccine threads. Please do so and allow the rest of us to continue civil conversation. Thank you.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 11:26 am
I'm not one of those people who think everything printed in peer reviewed scientific journals is the absolute ultimate truth. Far from it.

Even so this question is a flawed question. It implies that there are known mistakes being made about vaccines the question is do scientist admit it?

Perhaps better phrased the question should be does the medical scientific community ever admit to mistakes so I should believe they would do so if they are proven wrong about vaccines?

The answer is yes. To give a few examples of things medical scientists changed thier view about over the past few years would be :

The overuse of Pulmonary Artery Catheter
the dangers of saturated fats found in foods like nuts
the correct way to measure BMI
etc.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 11:28 am
I agree amother above. The problem is that the recommendations trail a good few years behind the research. Lack of research is another issue that takes time to resolve.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 3:40 pm
There have been many pharmaceutical products that passed the regulatory process and were recommended and marketed to the public that were later found to be very harmful. They will admit when they make a mistake because there will be law suits , but the data will come sometimes decades later after people have already used the product.

shoshanim999

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 4:28 pm
mig100 wrote:
beige- thanks for taking the time to respond. you are right- there is no point wasting more time arguing.

mods- now that we have had someone who works in the feild explain the process of doing research and assured everone that it is IMPOSSIBLE that everyone in the research world is paid off to lie, can we lock the thread.

im reporting this post.

have a good yom tov

Sheeesh, are you serious? Someone supposedly in the field chimed in so you're done and let's lock the thread??? Pretty conceited.
Thank goodness you're not a mod.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 5:50 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
There have been many pharmaceutical products that passed the regulatory process and were recommended and marketed to the public that were later found to be very harmful. They will admit when they make a mistake because there will be law suits , but the data will come sometimes decades later after people have already used the product.

The polio vaccine as introduced in the 1950s, the MMR in the early 1970s (though the individual measles, mumps and rubella shots were available in the 1960s). I think it qualifies as saying that decades have passed.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics