Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
MK on Trader Joe refried beans?

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 1:46 pm
It’s not The usual Montreal MK. Any idea who certifies this? Can’t find online.

Last edited by MiracleMama on Thu, Jun 06 2019, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 1:48 pm
TJ has a list of symbols. It’s jewish community council of Montreal

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 2:17 pm
I don't see it on their list of symbols nor does it look like the Montreal jewish community council (unless they have recently changed their symbol).

I can take a picture of the can and post it if someone can tell me how to do that.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 2:33 pm
The MK is in a circle, but slightly to the left with the word "kosher" coming out of the "K" and the hebrew word kosher just above.

I identified an image of it online that says it's va'ad of las vegas but when I go to their site it looks like a completely different symbol altogether. Very confused.

Gerbera

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 7:20 pm
It is NOT Montreal!!! It is Monterrey, Mexico

Libersohnkosher@hotmail.com

Orthodox Monterrey Kosher (OMK)

Gerbera

Post Fri, Jun 07 2019, 7:22 pm

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 3:54 am
Making your own refried beans is so easy.

Take cooked pinto beans (drained and rinsed), either canned or ones that you've cooked yourself. Put them into a food processor with a little bit of water and some olive oil. Pulse until they are as smooth as you want them, scraping down the sides and adding more water as you go along. Add salt to taste.

This works great with white beans, black beans, and garbanzo beans too. Then heat up and use according to the recipe.

I find that if you leave them kind of chunky, they make a great artificial taco meat. Just add seasonings.

If you take a bag of dried beans and cook them in your crock pot, you can then freeze can-sized portions, and have refried beans for pennies a serving. If you have the freezer space this is by far the best way to go.

wellaways

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 9:36 am
Semi on topic - Goya makes a great refried bean. The vegan can is cRc (or ou?). I know Kroger carries.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen