Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Watergirl's cheesecake the ultimate hit!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Jun 09 2019, 1:17 pm
I tried it and it's divine!! Had one piece of it myself and sent the rest to SIL who called me tonight and also said it is The Cheesecake.
Thank you Watergirl! Flower

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jun 09 2019, 10:57 pm
What's the recipe?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 12:21 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
What's the recipe?

See thread https://www.imamother.com/foru.....62460
page 2

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 1:21 am
Why not just post a link to the actual recipe here instead of sending people squirreling through another thread?

Here, I'll do it for you:
https://www.simplyrecipes.com/.....cake/

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 1:52 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Why not just post a link to the actual recipe here instead of sending people squirreling through another thread?

Here, I'll do it for you:
https://www.simplyrecipes.com/.....cake/

My apologies. Just wanted it to be clear that in this case recipe was posted by Watergirl, you know, some nice credit.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 7:42 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
My apologies. Just wanted it to be clear that in this case recipe was posted by Watergirl, you know, some nice credit.

You made that clear. I mean, you literally started a thread for that purpose. Not sure why that would preclude sharing the recipe.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 8:43 am
Ah, Mustard. Leave Bnei Berak alone.

BB, I loved that you started a positive thread for hakarat hatov, and it actually made me look up the recipe. Thank you for sharing!

moonstone

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 11:38 am
Hey Mustard, not sure you realize that you're coming across rather witchy (with a capital b).

That recipe does look good, though I'm cheesecaked-out for the moment!

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 9:28 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
You made that clear. I mean, you literally started a thread for that purpose. Not sure why that would preclude sharing the recipe.

Just to be clear, the hugs are not because we love your post

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:08 am
Back to the original post, I took a look at the recipe and it certainly is the classic New York/Jewish wonderful cheesecake recipe that my mother made - there are some excellent variants emulating this platonic ideal just as there are variants trying to achieve the ultimate black and white cookie :-).

The recipe posted says it's a variant of a Dorrie Greenspan cookbook. I have several of her cookbooks including her recent "Dorrie's Cookbook" and you can't go wrong with any of her recipes if the ingredients appeal to you.

Maida Heatter (who just died last week) is another cookbook author whose books deserve a place in the cookbook library for anyone who loves baking. Her recipes are exceptionally detailed and explain exactly what to do at each step to achieve the best result. For years, I baked her 62nd Street Lemon Cake to universal applause - it's a very simple lemon poundcake baked in a Bundt pan.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:03 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Just to be clear, the hugs are not because we love your post

Right back at you... Punch

cbsp

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:59 pm
Amarante wrote:
Back to the original post, I took a look at the recipe and it certainly is the classic New York/Jewish wonderful cheesecake recipe that my mother made - there are some excellent variants emulating this platonic ideal just as there are variants trying to achieve the ultimate black and white cookie :-).

The recipe posted says it's a variant of a Dorrie Greenspan cookbook. I have several of her cookbooks including her recent "Dorrie's Cookbook" and you can't go wrong with any of her recipes if the ingredients appeal to you.

Maida Heatter (who just died last week) is another cookbook author whose books deserve a place in the cookbook library for anyone who loves baking. Her recipes are exceptionally detailed and explain exactly what to do at each step to achieve the best result. For years, I baked her 62nd Street Lemon Cake to universal applause - it's a very simple lemon poundcake baked in a Bundt pan.

Oh no, I hadn't heard.

I have a photocopy of her flourless chocolate cake in my Pesach folder of recipes - maybe I'll actually make it in her honor next Pesach.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 5:50 am
cbsp wrote:
Oh no, I hadn't heard.

I have a photocopy of her flourless chocolate cake in my Pesach folder of recipes - maybe I'll actually make it in her honor next Pesach.

That was another cake my mother made and I think of her when I make it. Smile it really is a wonderful cake and her recipes are perfect for beginners as well as experienced bakers because of the detailed instructions which means you can’t go wrong if you follow.

I once promised the cake to being to a party years ago and my mother made it for me and I passed it off as my own. In my defense, she was retired and I was a working mother and that week was a hurricane in terms of my life. She got to enjoy the reflected glory when I told her how the cake was devoured. Smile

watergirl

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 5:58 am
I'm just now seeing this! Wow, so glad you liked it and thanks for the shout out!! I love this recipe and its so versatile, you can change it up with toppings and make it your own! I may have mentioned that I cover mine with chocolate ganache and then cover THAT with chocolate klik balls (the while chocolate and milk chocolate). I love this recipe because of the way its written out. If you follow the directions perfectly, it's specific enough to make it easy! I love a thick, creamy NY cheesecake with a buttery graham cracker crust and this one is perfect! My father in law was in heaven and the look on my husbands face when I sent FIL home with a big piece was priceless.

ETA - there is a white chocolate topping that I saw somewhere else - next year I think I'm going to play with that on this cake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics