Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Nachlas Bais Yaakov -Lakewood
Previous  1  2

lkwdgirl

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 8:25 pm
I’m considering nachlas for my daughter for September. She’s going into fourth grade. Please give me your feelings about the school. Crowd? Education? Warmth? Workable?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 9:04 pm
lkwdgirl wrote:
I’m considering nachlas for my daughter for September. She’s going into fourth grade. Please give me your feelings about the school. Crowd? Education? Warmth? Workable?

Where has your daughter been in school until now and why do you want to switch?

lkwdgirl

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 9:12 pm
I do not want to say where she was but it’s totally not our crowd and very not happy with the higher ups.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 9:52 pm
B"H very happy there Smile
Very warm - teachers call just to be in touch, principal knows the girls as well. She suggested my daughter switch classes for this year and it was the best thing for her b"H!
(Not sure what you mean by workable? )

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:56 am
Warm is an understatement. The principal knows every single girl personally and genuinely cares abt each and every one of them. If by workable you mean they work with your kids issues, the answer is yes ! Crowd is so normal. My daughter is in the 4th grade, great class .

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:57 am
I meant she’s in 3rd, entering 4th. It’s the oldest class.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:01 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Warm is an understatement. The principal knows every single girl personally and genuinely cares abt each and every one of them. If by workable you mean they work with your kids issues, the answer is yes ! Crowd is so normal. My daughter is in the 4th grade, great class .

Same experience (my daughter is in the same class). They have lots of support staff (social worker, speech therapists, kriah teachers, teachers assistants) to make sure each kid is getting her needs met. They believe in teaching the whole child, not just imparting information. They really care so much for my child and she feels it.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:22 am
Wow. So many people with so many nice things to say. Such a breath of fresh air. Im sending next year iyh- lkwdgirl to answer your Q regarding crowd - I did call around a fair amount before applying. What I have found is a general idea of the parents body - father is a white shirter, learned in kollel for a bit after marriage and went out to work. Frum and erlich. Mothers arent generally very trendy ir high pressure. Very low key easy going atmosphere...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:26 am
Agree with above crowd description !! Its such a nice parent body !

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 11:50 am
This school sounds perfect for my daughter but she’s in 5th grade. Anyone know of a similar type school that will have a 6th grade next year??
Maybe I’ll start a new thread...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics