Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Falling back with going big only please help

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 8:47 pm
So long story short my dd was trained and was perfect with everything for over 2 wks. Then fell back with going dirty only. She officially does it in her pantys im at a total loss. This is going on for 3 wks already. I think its pure stubbornness she knows exactly what she needs to do shes just holding herself back. She keeps asking to go very often sits a few minutes and jumps off and usually within 5 min of coming off goes in her pants. Im going nuts any advice or chizzuk would be greatly appreciated. Tia

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 9:03 pm
Have you ruled out constipation and other physical causes?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 9:08 pm
How old is she?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 10:42 pm
pesek zman wrote:
How old is she?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2019, 10:44 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Have you ruled out constipation and other physical causes?

I dont think shes constipated but could be im wrong because she has no issue going...its not like shes working hard to go. In her underwear she goes no problem...

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So long story short my dd was trained and was perfect with everything for over 2 wks. Then fell back with going dirty only. She officially does it in her pantys im at a total loss. This is going on for 3 wks already. I think its pure stubbornness she knows exactly what she needs to do shes just holding herself back. She keeps asking to go very often sits a few minutes and jumps off and usually within 5 min of coming off goes in her pants. Im going nuts any advice or chizzuk would be greatly appreciated. Tia

How about when she says she needs to go and then she jumps off the toilet, keep her undwear off, either she'll go back on the toilet or she'll have an accident and it will be much more gross for her then as it will run down her legs... I read about this in a book and thought it smart.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:17 am
Tell her nothing goes on her bottom until she can make in the toilet. Summer is the perfect time for potty boot camp. Have the chocolate chip bribes ready.

Put a little prune juice in her drinks. If she has to go more urgently, it will be harder for her to hold it in.

Sit with her and read her a book while she's on the toilet. She'll get distracted by the story and will go on her own. That was the only way I could get DD to do it. At one point I think I read to her for almost a half an hour, but when she went I didn't say a word, just finished the story, and then gave her a chocolate.

Slowly the story times got shorter and shorter, and eventually she didn't need me anymore. She decided on her own that stories were for bed time, and it was more fun to just go back to playing. Do keep up with the treats every time she goes in the toilet, for several months. Just because she does it a few times reliably, doesn't mean it's fully become a habit yet.

If you have other little ones to look after, I know this can be very hard. I was lucky I only had DD, because it was very time consuming. I suggest you keep toys in the bathroom, and bring the younger siblings in with you while you are waiting for the 3yo to make. Tell your 3 yo that she is teaching the little ones how to be a Big Girl, and she'll be even more motivated to "show off." Wink

Rappel

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:34 am
Our rule on the toilet is two story books, or a very slow rendition of "A You're Adorable." He usually gets caught up in the interaction, and stays even longer. waiting

That would solve the "I'm bored let's go" problem, but it doesn't solve stubbornness. I'm battling with that too right now. Hugs, momma in arms!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 2:48 am
BTW, I forgot to add - this is SO NORMAL and age appropriate!

Most kids go through stages where they regress a bit in potty training, and go back and forth. Even something like a mild cold can throw them off. Just hang in there, I promise they'll figure it out eventually.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 4:17 am
Thanks for the responses.
But how long is normal to sit there? I try to distract her but if after 10-15min it doesn't come....how long can you sit there for? Its like when she sits down that urge to go disappears when she gets back up and walks around it comes back....
Idk maybe im wrong but is that what im supposed to do move into the bathroom till she goes??

blessedjmom

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:20 am
Yup. Give it time. Sit with her. She might be scared. My kids were... so we sat n read story book, after book until it came. waiting
And no pantys on for most of the day.

Also, I find if they sense you're antsy, restless to leave it won't help . On the contrary, they need to be calm in order to go..

Go momma!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:01 am
blessedjmom wrote:
Yup. Give it time. Sit with her. She might be scared. My kids were... so we sat n read story book, after book until it came. waiting
And no pantys on for most of the day.

Also, I find if they sense you're antsy, restless to leave it won't help . On the contrary, they need to be calm in order to go..

Go momma!

Thx for the encouragement
I left off underwear when training her and then when she got it put them on....so your saying I should keep them off now to after being trained for 5 wks or so?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training