Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Yaakov ateres miriam
1  2  Next

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Jan 12 2019, 11:59 pm
Anyone have updated infornation? How big are the younger grades? What is the plan for the building? Is it run well or are they still figuring things out? I hear their selling point is that they are warm. How do they compare haskaficalky (parent body) and academically to tag and bby

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 7:01 am
I send there and I am very happy BH. I have a DD in Pre1A and she jas about 16 kids in her class, two parallel classes. They are warm, lower key Gashmiyus wise. Hashkafically it's a mix. We happen to be out-of-the-box Chassidish (DH is basically a BT) and we aren't the only family like that, but there are more Yeshivish families as well as Balabatish families as well. They are very balanced when it comes to rules regarding internet and things like that, not overly strict but realistic and to the point.

No idea about plans for the building. They definitely have it together though, Rabbi Neumann is a veteran Mechanach as is Mrs. Zytman. My DD happens to be struggling somewhat academically and the resource department is amazing and working with her on her level.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 7:13 am
Amazing, amazing school.

My girls are here, and both love school. No time to elaborate more right now, but they did buy their building recently and are BH growing in every way.

We are very happy here.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:04 am
Thanks for the replies. How does the school compare to to bby and tag - the parent body and academics. Anyone know if they plan on making a highschool? From what I’m hearing bby and tag high schools are already full without needing to accommodate a whole new school of girls

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:14 am
When asking about a school it's only fair to include location.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:43 am
amother wrote:
When asking about a school it's only fair to include location.

Why the hug?

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:51 am
It is my understanding that they plan to open a high school. They currently have up to 6th grade so they have two years to work that through, and I personally another 8 to worry about it.

But I echo the poster that says that her kids are happy to go to school. My DD is excited for school every day, and when I drop her off I see that all of the girls have big smiles and positive attitudes!

justmarried:)

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:54 am
Location is five towns.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:55 am
Have friend who sends there and is happy. Don’t know so much about it but sounds like staff is really nice.

justmarried:)

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 8:56 am
Actually correction located in far rockaway

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 9:22 am
How does parent body and academics compare to bby and tag?

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jan 13 2019, 10:13 am
out-of-towner wrote:
It is my understanding that they plan to open a high school. They currently have up to 6th grade so they have two years to work that through, and I personally another 8 to worry about it.

But I echo the poster that says that her kids are happy to go to school. My DD is excited for school every day, and when I drop her off I see that all of the girls have big smiles and positive attitudes!

Next year they will have a 7th grade, and the year after that an 8th grade.
I’m not sure what the plans are for the high school, I don’t think rabbi n and Mrs z can or should run the whole thing, from n-12. They recently signed on their building, and they have plans to renovate.
My daughter is in the first grade that will have gone through the whole school, from nursery. Her grade is also the first with a few parallel class, so every year there are new teachers. Like every school, there are issues, but overall we are very happy.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 7:38 pm
Bumping up. How does the parent body and academics compare to bby and tag?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 9:39 pm
amother wrote:
Bumping up. How does the parent body and academics compare to bby and tag?

I have friends who send to all 3 schools, but I don’t really know how BYAM parent body compares to the other schools. I have friends to the right of me who send to both schools, and there are parents to the right of me in BYAM as well.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:38 am
Bumping.
I also want to know what the academic level is.
Are the teachers experienced?
What is the tuition?

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 7:42 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Bumping.
I also want to know what the academic level is.
Are the teachers experienced?
What is the tuition?

A lot of young teachers. Academics is not what attract people to the school.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:02 am
Powderblue, do you have kids there? For academics I have a child who asks a lot of deep questions and I want to know if the teachers are able to handle that. I don't want her to get turned off or misunderstood, she is just very curious. She also needs school to be stimulating. My other kids are more average so as long as the academics meet normal standards that's OK.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:26 am
Tag has the strongest academic of the three . Ateres Miriam has the most diverse parent body

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:35 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
A lot of young teachers. Academics is not what attract people to the school.

I think if you are going to say something like that, which definitely sounds like you are putting down the school, you should say it under your own screen name.
My daughter has been there since the first year they opened, and she has had absolutely amazing teachers every year except one. (Those two teachers are no longer in the school.)
I’m not sure what you consider young, but I consider myself young, and I am 37. Most of the teachers are under 59, with a few single teachers.
My daughter is certainly challenged in both secular and Jewish studies. I don’t mean challenged as in she struggles, I mean challenged as in she’s learning a lot and soaking up tons of info, and it’s not all just simple, easy peasy stuff.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 8:39 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Powderblue, do you have kids there? For academics I have a child who asks a lot of deep questions and I want to know if the teachers are able to handle that. I don't want her to get turned off or misunderstood, she is just very curious. She also needs school to be stimulating. My other kids are more average so as long as the academics meet normal standards that's OK.

My daughter asks a lot of deep question, things that many of the other girls in her class don’t even think of. We have never had an issue with her being misunderstood. She is most definitely academically stimulated.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics