Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sheital that can be airdried
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:22 am
Hi!
I recently bought an Irene, before I bought it I was looking for a sheital that I dont have to give in the the sheital matcher, I want to be able to wash it myself and air dry and wear, anyway it's a good sheital but I always feel like it needs a touch up by the sheital macher so not so happy
My sister in law came from Israel and she has a sheital from someone called breindy kaminer in israel and OH MY GOSH that's my dream sheital it washes and air dries beautifully exactly what I dreamed of!!
Anyone know of something like taht in NY?? Im sure there is! Thanks for all your help!

paperflowers

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 10:29 am
Prestigio Wigs in Cedarhurst

aricelli

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:17 pm
Is breindy kaminer same as bk? They sell those here but its way more pricey than irene

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:19 pm
aricelli wrote:
Is breindy kaminer same as bk? They sell those here but its way more pricey than irene

Not sure but I don't think so
My sister has a bk and it does not airdry perfectly at all she always has to give it in

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My sister has a bk and it does not airdry perfectly at all she always has to give it in

My shaitel macher told me it’s the same bk and breindy kaminer

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:25 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
My shaitel macher told me it’s the same bk and breindy kaminer

OK thanks!

Do you know what the price range is?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OK thanks!

Do you know what the price range is?

I wear shoulder length and they’re about 2,800 - 3,000
Love it but the hairs are finer than Irene and don’t hold a set as well. Maybe you should try a different shampoo. My sheitel macher uses sebastian and she said it makes all the difference

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

In order for it to air dry perfectly, it has to have wavy or curly hair. I have a curly BK and it air dries perfectly.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:35 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
In order for it to air dry perfectly, it has to have wavy or curly hair. I have a curly BK and it air dries perfectly.

Thank you!
Does anyone know any other brands that you would say airdries like this?

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!
Does anyone know any other brands that you would say airdries like this?

I forgot to add I put my Irene in Velcro rollers after I wash it and it air dries perfectly. I’m wearing it now I didn’t even blow dry it at all

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:40 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I forgot to add I put my Irene in Velcro rollers after I wash it and it air dries perfectly. I’m wearing it now I didn’t even blow dry it at all

Is your Irene curly naturally?

amother
Lavender

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is your Irene curly naturally?

Wavy

FranticFrummie

I have a $900 16" Milano, wavy curls, and it air dries beautifully. I've never sent it in to anyone, and I'm always happy with it. As a matter of fact, if you wear it in a light rain, it looks even better by the time you get to shul, because it freshens up the curls a little.

The problem you're having may be more to do with the cut. I had to have my Milano thinned a bit and layered, so that the length wouldn't weigh down the curl and make the whole thing look droopy. A good cut can make a so-so wig into a really showpiece.

aricelli

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 12:47 pm
I never tried to wash mine on my own. For those that do- How do you wash yours?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 1:12 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I have a $900 16" Milano, wavy curls, and it air dries beautifully. I've never sent it in to anyone, and I'm always happy with it. As a matter of fact, if you wear it in a light rain, it looks even better by the time you get to shul, because it freshens up the curls a little.

The problem you're having may be more to do with the cut. I had to have my Milano thinned a bit and layered, so that the length wouldn't weigh down the curl and make the whole thing look droopy. A good cut can make a so-so wig into a really showpiece.

This. I've only worn curly sheitels because that's all I look good in, lol. Every brand of curly sheitels that I've ever owned (and I've owned several different brands) air dried nicely. A curly sheitel really needs a good cut.
The BK that I own now has the healthiest looking, shiny hair. I was on a very long quest to get hair that was shiny and was always told by sheitel machers that if I want curly(or wavy) hair, it would have to be coarse and not shiny. I coudn't understand it because the hair growing right out of my own scalp is curly and and has a nice shine.I finally found what I was looking for in the BK. It's new so I don't know how it will hold up. As with any new wig, time will tell.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 1:19 pm
aricelli wrote:
I never tried to wash mine on my own. For those that do- How do you wash yours?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gtJUEsUz0h4

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:05 pm
all my wigs, synthetic to custom

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:14 pm
Im a sheitel macher. Most likely problem is that your irene is too thick and heavy to lay nicely.
Irenes are permed so they all have a very similar wave to them as they are man made in a factory. Like a lot of posters said - u need virgin hair which is going to cost you a lot more. Bk is breindy kaminer- her wigs are hand sewn therefore a lot of times the tops are flatter (not always!) And the sides are flatter and the hair is concentrated more at the bottoms, this way it doesn't grow outwards just has a very hair like look to it because it hangs very well near the face... hope im explaining it well.
Other israeli brands to look for- ask for curly! ira fisher, ruchi amit, yaffi kaminer

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:28 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Im a sheitel macher. Most likely problem is that your irene is too thick and heavy to lay nicely.
Irenes are permed so they all have a very similar wave to them as they are man made in a factory. Like a lot of posters said - u need virgin hair which is going to cost you a lot more. Bk is breindy kaminer- her wigs are hand sewn therefore a lot of times the tops are flatter (not always!) And the sides are flatter and the hair is concentrated more at the bottoms, this way it doesn't grow outwards just has a very hair like look to it because it hangs very well near the face... hope im explaining it well.
Other israeli brands to look for- ask for curly! ira fisher, ruchi amit, yaffi kaminer

Thank you! I live in NY what can you recommend here?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 11 2019, 6:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! I live in NY what can you recommend here?

Best is someone who carries a lot of brands so you get the a broad range.
The ny imas can help u more than I can but perele pretter and chani kramer have good names out there
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics